Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles - MGM Grand, Las Vegas - November 5, 2011

Stuck on the Border Henley Honey's Avatar

Default Re: Eagles - MGM Grand, Las Vegas - November 5, 2011

I THOUGHT I'd paid a lot for the ILAA Front Row Sec B tickets. Comparatively, I was wrong. I just checked ticketmaster and the official platinum section has for sale:
    11/5/11 Show Sec A Row A Seats 12-15 at $1595.00 per ticket!!!
    Same seats for 11/19 show are going for $1295.00 per ticket!!
    Resellers are gonna have a field day with their prices too.

Are they kidding me? Seriously? I mean, come on. Just cause its Vegas?

At least I'm getting dinner, drinks and an up close and personal experience for my $895. How can they justify this? They're gonna end up getting some high-rollers who could give two about the show or the band and who will spend more time talking & going for drinks than enjoying the show. Insanity.

They're scalping their own tickets, unfortunately (the information about platinum tickets on Ticketmaster makes it clear these tickets were held back from the general sale by the "artist or event provider" in order to sell them for a higher price). I guess they figure the Vegas market will bear that kind of price, so why not charge it?

But... dang!

Makes charging $895 for ILAA seem downright noble. I believe those packages are sold out now, BTW - at least the first-row ones.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

It just sickens me and makes me extremely bitter that this just continues to happen over and over. I'm sorry, but even if I had $895-$1500 just laying around, there is absolutely no way on God's green Earth I would ever spend that for one ticket to see them. That may just be me tho.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Stuck on the Border luvthelighthouse's Avatar

Nope, not just you! I think $200 is crazy for a ticket! (But I'll pay it) We all need to draw a line and I think $200 is about my limit. The higher prices are some peoples paycheck, for TWO weeks. I'm sorry, but that is crazy.

Dare I date myself and say I remember when tenth row Bon Jovi tickets only cost me $21.95? And that was when they were hot with Slippery When Wet was all the rage.

Not having been to any concerts for many years, I was 'gobsmacked' when I went for tickets for 2 concerts recently.

Now the festival is representing good value at £70 for a fairly huge number of artists including the Eagles. (I was of course prepared to pay that and probably up to £100 for their own dedicated show but...... it never came ).

I've paid £65 for the Take That concert, with The Pet Shop Boys as support which in comparison feels like I am paying over the odds (as in just 2 acts for my money lol).

As my eldest daughter is the reason for one concert and part support for the festival it has meant double the cost, not to mention hotel overnight for the festival. Oh and DH and DD2 are having the 2 days out at some attractions too. Both events are within 3 days of each other. Lucky my DH said we could go.

The last concert I went to I'm sure I only paid about £15 -20 for a ticket. It's all getting crazy and maybe a tad out of control.
    Melanie

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    It just sickens me and makes me extremely bitter that this just continues to happen over and over. I'm sorry, but even if I had $895-$1500 just laying around, there is absolutely no way on God's green Earth I would ever spend that for one ticket to see them. That may just be me tho.
    I see what you're saying but in truth, if I could afford it, I'd probably do it!

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Well, I did it once (hubby and I) for a VIP package and got front row nearly center. We paid $895 each for the tickets. But, I had saved specifically for that for about 2 years. Then when it was time to buy I nearly backed out! But it was a once in a lifetime (to quote Keith Urban ) experience and we'll never forget being that close to our favorite band of all time. Sometimes I feel guilty for spending that much money so frivolously, but...........I did it and will always remember the fun we had that one time.

ETA: If I could afford it, I would do it again.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border luvthelighthouse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Annabel View Post
    Oh and DH and DD2 are having the 2 days out at some attractions too.
    You are the only other person I know to use DH and DD! I always figured nobody would know what I was talking about! lol

As for the tickets in Vegas... Yes, I guess they are more expensive since it's Vegas and everything is BIG there. It's easy to just hand out money when you are in Vegas... but I think the main issue for me is, (i think it was Soda that said it) they are scalping their own tickets! Vegas or not, just because people will pay it, doesn't make it right. It's the age old arguement... "then don't pay it"... however, enough people still pay the high price, so my lonesome standoff doesn't make a difference and the common joe, a real hardcore fan, may not be able to see them because of the price. Okay, I should stop now...

Quote Originally Posted by luvthelighthouse View Post
    You are the only other person I know to use DH and DD! I always figured nobody would know what I was talking about! lol
    My craft forum is like a foreign language with all the abreviations we use.
    Melanie

I admit, it took a while for my mind to adjust from thinking "Don Henley" every time I saw "DH" in your posts. lol