Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Oslo, Norway 6-13-2011

Default Re: Oslo, Norway 6-13-2011

That does seem to be a shortened set list. Do we know why? Was there a support act?
    Shame they didn't play 'Waiting in the Weeds'.

Quote Originally Posted by cjhill View Post
    haha, loving these translations

looking at the setlist. Was Oslo a festival to? Probably something along the lines of what we expect to see/hear at the Hop Farm gig. Pretty good IMHO

Reading the review, it seems that 'Norweign Wood' is a 5 day music event( If my understanding of the translation is correct!) with the Eagles rounding off day 5, which may explain the shorter set.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    At least they've made some changes.... it's better than nothing.
    I'm sorry Soda, but I disagree. The setlist has been virtually unchanged since 2008. That will be four years next year. What have they changed? In longer shows they do part of Seven Bridges Road & Best Of My Love. That's all. Mostly they drop songs - usually some of the LROOE stuff & the acoustic stuff when they are playing outdoors.
    Last edited by Freypower; 06-15-2011 at 08:14 PM.

Stuck on the Border Henley Honey's Avatar

When I last saw them in Louisville, KY, in addition to the Oslo set list they did:
    I Don't Want to Hear Anymore
    Guilty of the Crime
    No More Walks in the Wood
    Waiting the Weeds
    No More Cloudy Days
    Love Will Keep Us Alive
    Best of My Love
    One of These Nights
    Life's Been Good
    All She Wants To Do Is Dance

They play a long time that night and in addition did a 4 song Encore -- not just Desperado. That's kind of changing things up.

Stuck on the Border

The songs you mention are all part of the normal 3 hour version of the show. The encore always includes Take It Easy, Rocky Mountain Way & Desperado. What they have done in Oslo is drop all those songs because they are playing for a shorter time.

In my opinion 'changing' would be doing different songs, not adding or subtracting them.

Stuck on the Border EasyFeeling's Avatar

And no Waiting In The Weeds ??? Now, that sucks big time! But when they performed during a multi-day festival there's hope I'll get to hear them in Hamburg. They always played for 3 hours so full set list I guess.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Not that it probably matters BUT..... I also notice that Timothy is down to one song in these shortened setlist. I know many consider him an insignificant member when it comes to lead vocals but I think they could at least keep LWKUA since many fans do know the song rather well.

I don't remember if I read it here or in the review from Aalborg where someone stated how long LROOE and to replace it with 2 songs instead. Couldn't agree more!!!!!!!!!!!! I know many like the live version of it but I seriously would much rather hear 2 other Eagles hits rather than that one song that many don't even know unless you're a hardcore fan. JMO tho-what do I really know?
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I really hope they don't stick with this shortened set list very long. I hope this doesn't mean they are going to fade in to the sunset doing less and less as they meander in to retirement.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    I don't remember if I read it here or in the review from Aalborg where someone stated how long LROOE and to replace it with 2 songs instead. Couldn't agree more!!!!!!!!!!!! I know many like the live version of it but I seriously would much rather hear 2 other Eagles hits rather than that one song that many don't even know unless you're a hardcore fan. JMO tho-what do I really know?
    I remember thinking this at the Austin Music Festival (and also posting it in my review). LROOE is not a "festival" type song and it fell flat, IMHO, even though I thought it was amazing in the longer show setting.

As for the continuance of the shortened setlist, I guess the test for that will be the German shows - those aren't festivals, are they?

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    As for the continuance of the shortened setlist, I guess the test for that will be the German shows - those aren't festivals, are they?
    Correct, the German shows are not festivals and I really hope at a longer setlist with LROOE songs!
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)