Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Graz, Austria, 6-25-2011

Default Re: Graz, Austria, 6-25-2011

You're lucky, because you can see them almost every day on stage. Here in Europe, we need to be happy if we can see them once on 10 years.

I wish I could see them whenever I want to. I have been to 7 Eagles concerts (and that includes my first one in '76) and 5 Don Henley concerts. I am going to make that 6 Don concerts in a few months. I get what you mean, though. I do feel lucky.

Hehe, lucky you. I have few bands which I really would like to see in live, but I don't know if that will happens to me. :/ That band are: of course Eagles as many times as possible, Allman Brothers Band, Derek Trucks Band, Eric Clapton, Toto, Bruce Springsteen, Bryan Adams etc etc... But this is off-topic again, sorry.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid View Post
    Of course you think I'm being harsh FP. You are very sensitive to anything that sounds remotely bad about Glenn. But intentional or not, you can't listen to that part and tell me that it sounds good. As WF said, I'm not bashing Glenn. I feel bad for him that he struggles with his voice. I, like you, am a huge Paul McCartney fan also and have heard him struggle lately. It doesn't mean I'm bashing him or making fun of him or in your words being harsh. I'm just stating a fact. I love these artists. I wish their voices could hold out forever. But as one gets older it's common for the voice to wane. I've heard Don and Timothy struggle too. It's okay to comment on it.
    I'm sorry, but the first time I listened to it I noticed nothing; it was only when you specifically mentioned 'lighten up' that I went & listened again and I still heard nothing wrong with it. All I heard was the word 'up' being sung on a lower note and if he wants to do that I have no problem with it.

I understand that people will be critical if they think it's justified; but in this instance I honestly don't think it is.
    Last edited by Freypower; 06-30-2011 at 06:53 PM.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Yeah--I'm with PM here---he missed that note!! It was still very pleasurable tho! Thanks for posting the video.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Eh, it happens. No biggie.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I have heard Glenn sing "lighten up" an octave lower many times over the last few years. I think it just sounds "off" to us because we have heard it so many times the other way. I noticed that he did it during the Christchurch, New Zealand concert in 199(6)? The "slightly" inclimate weather probably affected his voice during that show!

Christchurch I think was 1995. Inclement weather? That's just NORMAL for us, and our standard response is, "Harden Up!" (And yes, we still schedule lots of outdoor concerts! ).

I have no problems with any of them choosing to sing a note/phrase lower or otherwise different - that's what going to a live concert is about after all - how they are choosing to interpret their music at that current point in time. I think occasionally varying the music slightly actually adds an intimacy - a shared moment in time - to a live performance that you don't get so much from a recording which of course sounds exactly the same every time you listen.
    ---------------------------------
    Suzanne

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesKiwi View Post
    Christchurch I think was 1995. Inclement weather? That's just NORMAL for us, and our standard response is, "Harden Up!" (And yes, we still schedule lots of outdoor concerts! ).

I have no problems with any of them choosing to sing a note/phrase lower or otherwise different - that's what going to a live concert is about after all - how they are choosing to interpret their music at that current point in time. I think occasionally varying the music slightly actually adds an intimacy - a shared moment in time - to a live performance that you don't get so much from a recording which of course sounds exactly the same every time you listen.
    That's what I thought. He varied the way he sang the words.