Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: HOP FARM FESTIVAL 1-7-2011

Stuck on the Border tequila girl's Avatar

Default Re: HOP FARM FESTIVAL 1-7-2011

Hi everyone
    I'm Home!!..........Had a brilliant time and it was lovely to meet Mel and Steph - The Boys were Fabulous but as has already been said not on for long enough.
    I'm sorry i've not reported in before now but i've got my brother & sil staying so haven't really had much spare time and this morning we had to take my sil to hospital - but that's another story........anyway I won't be on here much til Wed or Thurs when they've gone home
    The photo's you guys have posted look great from what i've seen.....mine were crap....anyway speak later..
    ~Carole~

There is no more new frontier - we have got to make it here

Great to hear from you, Carole! I'm glad you all got home safe.

Steph, I admire your dedication! Thanks for posting your thoughts on the setlist and the show. Very cool that you saw their helicopter arrive. Makes me think of A Star Is Born... Haha. I love the photos, especially the one of Don and Joe, and the last one you posted of Don. Gorgeous!

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Great pictures once again, Steph!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    Yes, Glenn is the leader & writes the setlist. That is what makes this even harder to understand. As I said in the above post only his songs are dropped. Eagles songs. NEVER solo songs & never Don & Joe's songs.
    This may come off as sounding harsh, but you should be lucky you're not a Timothy fan! He HAD 2 songs total and they've now dropped one of those. Before long, he'll be no more than one of the backup band!! And please do NOT come back at me and tell me "well he's not one of the founding members" (either is Joe) or "he's never had that much anyways", etc.... I'm just happy to see him still on that stage and doing what he does best. I'll take what I can get after 30+ years!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Glad all of you are safe back home!

Great photos Steph! Thanks for telling your thoughts about the show!

We say the Eagles arrive in their helicopter.
    How Cool!
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    Great pictures once again, Steph!!!!

This may come off as sounding harsh, but you should be lucky you're not a Timothy fan! He HAD 2 songs total and they've now dropped one of those. Before long, he'll be no more than one of the backup band!! And please do NOT come back at me and tell me "well he's not one of the founding members" (either is Joe) or "he's never had that much anyways", etc.... I'm just happy to see him still on that stage and doing what he does best. I'll take what I can get after 30+ years!
    No, it isn't harsh at all. But like you now, I will take what I can get.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Annabel View Post
    Well on this occasion they also dropped Witchy Woman, which isn't Glenn's, it's Don's, and of course Seven Bridges Road for the whole group.

As for The Sun's review, well .............it is The Sun. Enough said. Not one of our 'quality' papers.
    LBG charted as well here as it did most places from what I can see. It is the only single I bought of Joe's. (Shhh! Don't tell him.) Dirty Laundry appears on the radio here quite often, at least on mine it does. Also heard it on the radio as we drove home yesterday from another radio station and it was very well received and sung along to at the festival. All the songs were very well received I thought.
    I agree with what you say about the dear old Sun. (Cue ironic laughter). I hadn't realised they dropped WW as well. But frankly I'm over my 'mood' and I'm glad you enjoyed it.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...054.1012745800

Don't get your hopes up they are far worse than Steph's photos. They give you an idea how far away the stage was too. I will try to work on them tomorrow to see if I can make anything more worthwhile out of them. Wishing I'd taken our camera not my DD2's now. Even though they might not have been much better. Need one with a really long lens I think. Hmm, might get away as press maybe then.
    Melanie

Had to laugh at the comment beneath the photos that once you reach a certain age a gig is judged by the number of fold-up chairs in front of you, so your friend classed you as very rock'n'roll.
    Last edited by UK TimFan; 07-04-2011 at 07:29 AM. Reason: Corrected details and grammar

Yeah. Well you've got it ............. or you haven't lol.
    Melanie

Before I decided to go to this show I said I was too old for festivals. Well, I may be too old for camping out for 3 days but I'm not quite ready for the folding chair & the tartan groundsheet yet!
    Glad to hear you got home safely Carole. Great to have met you and Melanie. Hope we can do it again sometime.