Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Casey Anthony - Not Guilty

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Default Re: Casey Anthony - Not Guilty

I understand the whole "reasonable doubt" thing and I do believe that's why she will be roaming free, unfortunately. But I also think she's guilty as hell and even if she isn't, she sure as hell is guilty of being an unfit mother or human being for that matter. What kind of parent doesn't report their child missing, makes up lies about her being with a nanny and then proceeds to party with her friends the whole time? SICK, SICK, SICK....... The whole freaking family seems dysfunctional, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Victim of Love View Post
    'We all have choices in life and we have to live with the consequences of the choices we make for ourself.' I wouldn't want to be carry the weight of Casey Anthony's conscience or the choices she has made!
    The problem is, these kind of people don't seem to have a conscience so it doesn't really matter to them. I'm a firm believer in Karma and I do hope it bites her and anyone else connected to this child's death, square in the arse in the near future!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Stuck on the Border luvthelighthouse's Avatar

From what I've learned of this case, I do not see the "reasonable" doubt. Perhaps an tad of uncertainy, but not any "reasonable" doubt and the two are not the same. I spent some time looking up the legal definition of reasonable doubt and I fail to see it in this case. Not that my opinion matters as I was not on the jury.

I'm just bugged by the whole story. This poor little girl a victim ... breaks my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Victim of Love View Post
    But at the end of the day there was nothing the Prosecution could produce that placed Casey at the scene of crime or identify her as being the last one to have laid hands on her daughter. We still don't even know where the crime occurred and will probably never know if it was actually murder or, as the Defense hinted, an accident.
    Didn't the defense flat out state that Casey and her father found the little girl's dead body in the pool after she accidentally fell in, then decided to make it look like a homicide so that Casey wouldn't be accused of neglect? They claimed that the two of them put duct tape over Caylee's mouth after she died and thew her away in some garbage bags so that when she was found, everyone would think she was murdered, freeing Casey from looking like a neglectful mom. That was their explanation for her strange behavior. It doesn't add up to me but I guess the jury thought it was feasible enough to inject reasonable doubt.

It is interesting that all this was said by the attorney and that Casey herself never told this story in court. It gets around any perjury problems if the story isn't true...

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    They claimed that the two of them put duct tape over Caylee's mouth after she died and thew her away in some garbage bags so that when she was found, everyone would think she was murdered, freeing Casey from looking like a neglectful mom.
    This literally makes me feel ill when I read it! What the hell kind of parent OR grandparent, who is sane and HUMAN can do that to any child but especially their own flesh and blood?

She should be found guilty if for no other reason, than she is a poor example of a human being!!!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

I have to agree with what VOL and Troub said in this case. However, in saying that, I too, think she is guilty as hell. However, that's what my gut tells me - but, I honestly don't believe the state proved it's case beyond a reasonable doubt. I can't tell you how thankful I am that I wasn't sitting on that jury because, in my mind if I had followed the letter of the law, I'm afraid that I would have probably had to vote to acquit her as well. And the fact that I would be forced to set a probable child killer free would probably eat at me forever. The fact that we are all viewing this so differently is probably exactly what happened with the jury in this case. The law says that a 'Guilty' verdict must be unaminous and they probably could have never gotten there no matter how long they deliberated.

I did hear today that there is a petition on the internet to try to lobby for something called "Caylee's Law". It would change our laws so that, at least, if a relative failed to report a missing child within a reasonable period of time, they could be charged with a felony instead of a misdemeanor. And yes - it's too late for this case, but at least it may be a start for the future. The only bright side of this is that normally whenever lots of people believe there has been a miscarriage of justice, usually some good will come out of it. Let's hope so because, as Willie said, Casey Anthony probably doesn't have a conscience. But I have to believe that one day she will get what's coming to her.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

TBF, I don't disagree -- I believe she IS guilty but the real question is: GUILTY OF WHAT, EXACTLY? I don't believe for a minute that Casey and George found Caylee in the pool and 'disposed' of her to make it look like an abduction/murder in order to push authorities in a direction other than their own backyard. Dysfunctional doesn't being to describe this family, IMHO. I'm just pointing out that the testimony and evidence DID NOT put the duct tape and trash bags in the hands of Casey (or George). If you followed the testimony day-to-day, you can't discount the family history and method of dead pet disposal, EXACTLY the way Caylee's remains were discovered - in plastic with duct tape. COINCIDENCE? Not on a bet!

I believe the day will come when either Casey or George will slip up. Unfortunately, the double jeopary rule means Casey can't be brought up on these charges again. George is a different matter and I think he is just as guilty and culpable as Casey. His suicide attempt was just as much about guilt as it was about grief.

No - I wasn't surprised with the verdict but I WAS overwhelmingly disappointed that the best they could get her on was her lies to police.

NOTE: I didn't simply look up the legal definitions...I spent 15 years working for lawyers and have seen my share of criminal defense firsthand. And I find it extremely interesting that the lead prosecutor has announced his retirement...maybe he's afraid he'll be run out of town on a rail for failing to get a conviction.

As for their consciences...they won't lose any sleep over this and I think the entire family unit will self-destruct before too long. Too many secrets, too many lies, too many cover-ups.
    You were just too busy being FABULOUS....

Victim of Love

Stuck on the Border Henley Honey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    I did hear today that there is a petition on the internet to try to lobby for something called "Caylee's Law". It would change our laws so that, at least, if a relative failed to report a missing child within a reasonable period of time, they could be charged with a felony instead of a misdemeanor. And yes - it's too late for this case, but at least it may be a start for the future. The only bright side of this is that normally whenever lots of people believe there has been a miscarriage of justice, usually some good will come out of it. Let's hope so because, as Willie said, Casey Anthony probably doesn't have a conscience. But I have to believe that one day she will get what's coming to her.
    I would also like to see the "Son of Sam" law applied somehow. It states you can't profit from your crime -- i.e., selling the book or movie rights.
    Again, it would be too late for this case but hopefully could be implemented if a felony charge was brought for failure to report a missing child. I'd be happy to sign the "Caylee's Law" petition. Anyone have link?

Found Link: http://www.change.org/petitions/create-caylees-law
    Last edited by Henley Honey; 07-06-2011 at 07:25 PM.

I really hope Casey never has any more children. She is clearly an unfit parent, even if little Caylee DID drown accidentally.
    ---------------------------------
    Suzanne