Page 15 of 41 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Thread: Randy videos on YouTube and other video sites

Border Desperado The Thrill Is Never Gone's Avatar

Default Re: Randy videos on YouTube and other video sites

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    Randy did sing the song absolutely beautifully. No doubt about it and I'm sorry that he was so insecure about performing it. My favorite version for sure.

Now, if Glenn singing it is the only way we get it, I'm all for it and I think he does an awesome job too. Yes, it's different, but it's still great! Jmo.

That's what I love about this board. Everyone can have an opinion, which is good. What is important is that we love the Eagles, their music and we can all discuss it like adults.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    Randy did sing the song absolutely beautifully. No doubt about it and I'm sorry that he was so insecure about performing it. My favorite version for sure.

Now, if Glenn singing it is the only way we get it, I'm all for it and I think he does an awesome job too. Yes, it's different, but it's still great! Jmo.
    I gotta agree with Brooke here. Randy's version will always be my favorite too. But, I think Glenn does a great job with it and from the reception the song gets at live shows, I have to believe most of the audience wants to hear the song. To me, the band honors Randy every time they perform it.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    I gotta agree with Brooke here. Randy's version will always be my favorite too. But, I think Glenn does a great job with it and from the reception the song gets at live shows, I have to believe most of the audience wants to hear the song. To me, the band honors Randy every time they perform it.
    At the St. Louis show Glenn dedicated it to Randy before he sang it. Is he doing this at all the shows? It seems like I've heard that mentioned. And he always gets a roar from the crowd afterwards if not a standing ovation.

And all is good here. No harm no foul! These discussions keep it interesting!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

I guess I will just have to say I like Randy's version better. Nothing more need be said.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by LuvRandy View Post
    Lamorna, I was searching too because I just totally love this song and would love to see him singing it. Couldn't find anything.

Also, on the song Doolin-Dalton reprise, the wikipedia page says that Glenn & Don are singing lead. Sorry but I only hear Randy, am I totally confused?
    Just to clear this up: Doolin-Dalton/Desperado Reprise is sung by Don. Glenn & Don sing lead in Doolin-Dalton. Randy sings harmonies.
    Last edited by Freypower; 11-06-2013 at 06:21 PM.

Ah, why can't we just harmonize like Tim and Randy!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xu8g3NTfpTs[/ame]

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9oAxQNazpg[/ame]

I watched this video several months ago with Randy, Tim, and Richard Marx singing together and really enjoyed it. Loved seeing Randy and Tim singing together. I think they are both class acts. I still have to say that I like the Eagles/Randy angst-ridden version best!

When it comes to harmonizing, I'm in that gray area where I'm not tone deaf, but not good enough for anyone to actually want to listen to me sing, lol. I sure do belt it out in the car and in the shower, though! The Borderers that have been "lucky" enough to hear me sing along in the car on road trips can attest to that!

This one came on my iPod shuffle earlier today. I know this has been posted before, but I think it's a lovely song.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0Fde7kg_Og[/ame]

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I am sure many of you have watched the "Hearts on Fire" video by now so I won't re-post it here but I have been watching it anew. Once to hear the song I liked in the 80s and then again just to watch Randy's facial expressions when he sings it. He is very sensual in this video. He looks a bit more mature and manly than in his Eagles days although he looks great there too.

His eyes and long lashes! And when he turns to the side while singing the line "Better hold me close" and gives that "look" and that smile - Whoa!! I am not easily impressed by most men but the looks that man can give - OMG! Love this video.

Is it just me? but I need a few buckets of cold water.

A few buckets of cold water is not enough for me. I need an ice cold swimming pool or Lake Michigan in January.