Page 26 of 41 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast

Thread: Randy videos on YouTube and other video sites

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Default Re: Randy videos on YouTube and other video sites

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    That was a one-of-kind event, for them to be singing together like that, but yes, they did seem a little uncomfortable at first. I think it was Don F who wrote in his book that Glenn hired someone to teach him how to move onstage. I can see how that would be useful.

("Dad dancing" lol; just curious--was Timothy a dad by that time?)
    It was Mr. Henley who took dance lessons to become more comfortable onstage. Maybe Glenn did it too, but he had a lot of experience being a front man.

Both the beauteous bassists were young Dads: Randy at 17 and, as Luvy has pointed out, Mr. Timothy at 22.

You're right, NMB, it was Henley who took dance lessons, according to Marc Eliot's book. I suppose Glenn could have too, but he did play his guitar during his solo shows, so that helped.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

A YouTuber/vinyl collector named Curtis Linder posted a clip about some Randy Meisner albums he acquired. He apparently has a large collection and has posted other clips of some well-known artists and their albums. It's nice that he singled out Randy. If this has been posted before, my apologies. I used the search engine and came up with nothing.

[ame]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PjnBcYDqwjM[/ame]

That's cool Delilah. I am building my own Randy vinyl library, I still need his third solo album/vinyl Randy Meisner (1982). I have been hitting all the old record stores in the Dallas area trying to find it. I have found and bought some solo Joe, Glenn and Henley. I also bought Eagles live with the poster still with it! I was so excited. I have everything on CD, but I want it on vinyl, the way it was back in the day.

That's great ETG. I'm not a vinyl gal myself; I still buy cds and rip them to iTunes. I also buy and download directly from iTunes. All my Glenn and Joe stuff I downloaded from iTunes, and some Henley too. I've been considering getting some Randy solo lp's just for the liner notes and any extras. I bought a Randy Meisner Anthology cd, Japanese edition, and a lot of the info is in Japanese so that is frustrating. However, it seems the best-sounding cds are the Japanese versions and the original 80s/90s issues (which are hard to find).

I'd love to get the original Meisner, Swan & Rich cd, but those are few and far between and $$.

I see a copy for $7 and change: https://www.amazon.com/Meisner-Swan-...s=meisner+swan

But yeah, you're right - the prices have sure gone up for that CD in the year or two since I bought mine. It should be remastered and reissued.

I don't have that album either. I'll have to add it to my wish list.

When I first started looking for Randy's solo material I found his first CD that was going for around $50 then later saw it for $200+. That's when I opted for vinyl which was much more affordable. Yes, they are few and far between.

I was talking with a record store owner in Dallas and he said he saw Randy in concert in the early 80's and I said I wish I could have seen him and he then said I would have been to young (not hardly but thanks!) I would have been early high school. I wanted to ask all about it but didn't get a chance. And of course his perspective and mine would have been different I'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    I see a copy for $7 and change: https://www.amazon.com/Meisner-Swan-...s=meisner+swan

But yeah, you're right - the prices have sure gone up for that CD in the year or two since I bought mine. It should be remastered and reissued.
    Thanks, I just may have to get that one (I see there's 2 available in that price range, 1 from the U.K. and another from Germany). One reviewer agreed that it needs remastering due to a "muddy" sound.

Check Ebay too, just in case.

I bought all of my Randy CDs used a few years ago... they certainly could use a remastering. I would be happy to purchase remastered versions - I'm sure we all would be. There's a market for it! I hope they do it one day.

PS Does anyone have any idea why "Deep Inside My Heart" on Randy's official YouTube channel isn't available in the USA? I get the message "The uploader has not made this available in your country."

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten