Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Niagara Falls 08-23-11

Stuck on the Border Henley Honey's Avatar

Default Re: Niagara Falls 08-23-11

Quote Originally Posted by Perfect Little Sister View Post
    A month ago today was a much better day.

I'm jus' sayin'......

You're not kidding. Besides being a rainy, gray day -- I'm out of Cosmo fixings!!!

If only I could turn back the clock . . . . . .

Glad to hear from you PLS!

Stuck on the Border

Wasn't it wonderful; more than I ever hoped for. How I wish I could remember more of it.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Quote Originally Posted by Perfect Little Sister View Post
    A month ago today was a much better day.

I'm jus' sayin'......
    You can say that again, sister! Not only is it rainy and gloomy here, but I've been working my tail off. Last month on this date was definitely a lot more fun being with all of my Border friends - and oh yeah ... the show wasn't half bad either!!!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Yep!

I'm remembering everything! For me its more like 'This night 5 weeks ago was the first gig......' etc.

I miss all you guys. I felt like even though i'd never met you in 'body' before, I knew you all my life! Its like we were kindred spirits! I really hope Glenn tours again next year and that we all manage to meet up for at least a few of his gigs.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border Henley Honey's Avatar

If and when he tours, I'm in!! I'd definitely go back to the Falls.
    In some ways it seems like it was just yesterday, and in others it feels like such a long time ago -- but only five weeks have passed. Strange.

I feel exactly the same way, HH. What happened there is so outside of "normal life" that being "back to reality" has made it seem quite distant in some ways. However, when I sit back and do some reminiscing, I can remember it like it was yesterday!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

It's the shows I can't remember much of now. I was in such a daze. They were so superb & what he did was so out of the box that perhaps it was too much to take in. Meeting everyone, on the other hand, is all like yesterday. I do hope it happens again.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    It's the shows I can't remember much of now. I was in such a daze. They were so superb & what he did was so out of the box that perhaps it was too much to take in. Meeting everyone, on the other hand, is all like yesterday. I do hope it happens again.
    I'm much the same way. I wish I had videos of both the shows to help me remember and to salivate over! At least there are the reviews posted on The Border to help us remember the details!

As with you, Julie, my memories of meeting you & the other Borderers that were there are much clearer.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    It's the shows I can't remember much of now. I was in such a daze. They were so superb & what he did was so out of the box that perhaps it was too much to take in.
    You know FP, my first (and so far only) Eagles show is much like that for me. It saddens me. I barely remember the concert and I can't relive it. I remember being pretty emotional during Hotel California and I remember how amazing the show was and how it blew me away and it was the best concert I've ever been to, but I can't remember any details or anything. I watch some of the YouTube videos from it and I remembered Joe's funny lyric change during Life's Been Good and I also remembered other things from the videos but I can't remember any details and it was a very faint memory for me. I think it is probably due to the same reason you mentioned although I was trying out a new experimental pain drug for my spine and I took a dose that night before I left for the show. I can't help but to think it affected my memory or it caused some amnesia as sometimes narcotic pain meds will do.

All I remember from the show was that it was great and that I welled up during HC and had chills and that I was in the 8th row on the right side and it was September 25, 2008 in Chicago. Other than that I can't tell you much. I hate it too as it was the best night of my life and I can't remember much of it. All I know is that it was awesome and it was the best guitar tone I'd ever heard.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Stuck on the Border

That is a nice story Austin. I have reasonably good memories of the first Eagles show I saw in 1995.

But with Niagara Falls I do know what a privilege it was to be there & how significant I thought it was for both Glenn & myself as a fan. I tend to remember more of the things he said rather than the performances of the songs. There was one moment from Show 2, however, which is etched in my brain for all time. I'm sure if you go back & read my review you can work out what it is.