Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Niagara Falls 08-23-11

Default Re: Niagara Falls 08-23-11

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    That is a nice story Austin. I have reasonably good memories of the first Eagles show I saw in 1995.

But with Niagara Falls I do know what a privilege it was to be there & how significant I thought it was for both Glenn & myself as a fan. I tend to remember more of the things he said rather than the performances of the songs. There was one moment from Show 2, however, which is etched in my brain for all time. I'm sure if you go back & read my review you can work out what it is.
    My memories of my first & only Eagles concert are like the ones of Glenn's solo shows-sparse.

Funny FP, I remember things that Glenn said more that his performing the songs too. My memory fails me about that one moment in Show 2. What would that be?

Memories inevitably fade for most of us. That's why I always write it all down, in as much detail as possible, as soon as I can. It's not just for the board. It's for ME.

For instance, I went back and re-read one of the old Pebble Beach threads the other day and there were all these little things I'd forgotten... the same is true for the review of the first Eagles concert I ever attended (see review here, if you're interested). thank God I typed all those out when they happened!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Memories inevitably fade for most of us. That's why I always write it all down, in as much detail as possible, as soon as I can. It's not just for the board. It's for ME.

For instance, I went back and re-read one of the old Pebble Beach threads the other day and there were all these little things I'd forgotten... thank God we typed it all out when it happened!
    I wish I would have done just that. But I didn't.

I know you didn't, but there are lengthy reviews on this board for the very show you went to that include a lot of detail. It isn't exactly the same as what you experienced of course, but you have a record of the event to "fill in the blanks." And, in the future, you can do it yourself. Live and learn!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I know you didn't, but there are lengthy reviews on this board for the very show you went to that include a lot of detail. It isn't exactly the same as what you experienced of course, but you have a record of the event to "fill in the blanks." And, in the future, you can do it yourself. Live and learn!
    True.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

I feel exactly the same way, HH. What happened there is so outside of "normal life" that being "back to reality" has made it seem quite distant in some ways. However, when I sit back and do some reminiscing, I can remember it like it was yesterday!

Thats me too! I went straight back to reality an hour after landing, but in those quieter moments my mind is still heading right back to the Falls. It was a wonderful wonderful experience, and while small memories may fade, I will remember it forever. And of course there was that time during the first show.............

'The time we shared..... went by so fast....'
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Quote Originally Posted by Henley Honey View Post
    If and when he tours, I'm in!! I'd definitely go back to the Falls.
    In some ways it seems like it was just yesterday, and in others it feels like such a long time ago -- but only five weeks have passed. Strange.
    Yep - I feel the same way as all of you do. I guess that must mean that we're normal!

But I love to go back and read my favorite old threads to refresh my memory. It helps me manage my PEW/PGW.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Can anyone believe its 5 months now?????
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border Henley Honey's Avatar

Nope. It seems like just last week we were having lunch at the HRC passing the time till the show. I'd do it again in a heartbeat!

Awww That was a great lunch, though all week I was too nervous/excited to actually EAT!

I would love to do it again, even once more, and would again in a heartbeat too! C'mon Glenn Dates....... PLEASE
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP