Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast

Thread: Niagara Falls 08-23-11

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: Niagara Falls 08-23-11

It sure would be great to see you ladies, again. We definitely had a good time, huh? Shoot - now, I'm probably gonna get another bout of PGW again just thinking about these shows.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    It sure would be great to see you ladies, again. We definitely had a good time, huh? Shoot - now, I'm probably gonna get another bout of PGW again just thinking about these shows.
    Oh me too!!! Please Glenn, release After Hours before I succumb to PGW!!!!

My, what fun we had! Let's all hope that once After Hours is released, Glenn will be able to play a few shows to support it. I get so excited just thinking about a new album and tour (even if it's a mini-tour).

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Much as I would love to do it again, I'm afraid that I can't justify it, which is why am I so deeply grateful for what happened.

And in a way it's a relief to make this clear now & not later if any dates are announced.
    Last edited by Freypower; 01-25-2012 at 07:51 PM.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

I would just love to meet all of you ladies again. It was wonderful and the whole experience has kept me going all year.

'the time we had went by so fast.....'

I'm still really hoping that If Glenn does any solo shows in support of 'After Hours' I will be able to make it. Realistically it would have to be during my school holidays, preferably summertime. And like last year, two back to back shows or similar. I dunno if I could justify all that travel for just one show. We've had a blast of unexpected expense recently, but I AM continuing to sneak a little cash away every so often and know if costs are similar to last year I already have enough saved to go.

Julie even if you don't make any more Glenn solo shows, it was wonderful that you made these ones and that they were everything you hoped they would be. I sincerely hope our paths will cross some time in the future.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    Much as I would love to do it again, I'm afraid that I can't justify it, which is why am I so deeply grateful for what happened.

And in a way it's a relief to make this clear now & not later if any dates are announced.
    The same goes for me. With all the expenses that we had last year & will have this year (we really do need that new roof) there's no way that I could swing it. The only way would be if there was a concert within one day's drive from home & there's no way that's going to happen so I too will resign myself to the fact that there are no Eagle's band or solo shows for me this year. I am so grateful that I got to see two Glenn solo shows last year. Those were so wonderful. They were something that I never thought I would ever see.

Quote Originally Posted by GlennLover View Post
    The same goes for me. With all the expenses that we had last year & will have this year (we really do need that new roof) there's no way that I could swing it. The only way would be if there was a concert within one day's drive from home & there's no way that's going to happen so I too will resign myself to the fact that there are no Eagle's band or solo shows for me this year. I am so grateful that I got to see two Glenn solo shows last year. Those were so wonderful. They were something that I never thought I would ever see.
    GL, if they do a Boston show, that might be doable for you. You're welcome to stay with me to save hotel costs, if so.

Quote Originally Posted by Windeagle View Post
    GL, if they do a Boston show, that might be doable for you. You're welcome to stay with me to save hotel costs, if so.
    Thanks very much, WE. I'll keep that in mind.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

I probably would not fly to the States just to see an Eagles show that could quite possibly come to Dublin or the UK. However I would fly to see Glenn solo again in a heartbeat.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter View Post
    I probably would not fly to the States just to see an Eagles show that could quite possibly come to Dublin or the UK. However I would fly to see Glenn solo again in a heartbeat.
    There is something special about seeing the Eagles in the USA, so don't rule it out completely!
    Money is going to be the problem for me this year, which is why I hope they come over to the UK. I'm sure in the current economic climate it's the same for many of us.