Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Niagara Falls 08-23-11

Default Re: Niagara Falls 08-23-11

I've said it to Lisa and the girls already via BlackBerry messenger, but I'll say it again... I AM SO, SO THRILLED FOR YOU ALL! You deserve every bit of attention you got. Can't wait to hear about the second show, which should be starting fairly soon, I guess!

Super psyched about Glenn's album... That's awesome. All this time we had no idea what he was working on! Very cool indeed.

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

Quote Originally Posted by GlennLover View Post
    Will is looking very well indeed, Steph! I was in the third row right (3 seats down from Lisa) so he was directly in front of me. Sorry to tell you that they dont allow cameras in the theatre, so there wont be many pics. Probably just a few that were snapped quickly when security wasnt looking. Hopefully there will be more chances for us to take more tonight!
    Thanks Glennlover. Pleased to hear that Will is looking very well. I love him to bits.
    I met Lisa at the Eagles Belfast show in 2009; I can imagine how she feels about Glenn reading out her banner.

Have a great time at tonights show. The set list sounds really good. Wish I was there with you all.

WONDERFUL, WONDERFUL NEWS...A NEW ALBUM...CAN'T WAIT...SO VERY HAPPY FOR ALL OF YOU IN NIAGARA FALLS LAST NIGHT AND TONIGHT....CONGRATS ON THE SPECIAL ATTENTION FROM THIS VERY SPECIAL MAN....WISH I WAS THERE WITH YOU GUYS...

GA, you must be so-o-o-o-o-o happy! Wait until he sees you there again!

I couldn't be more happy for all of you Glenn fans. Hope you enjoy yourselves even more tonight - if that's even possible.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

The show last night was FANTASTIC. I was 3rd row almost centre (slightly to the right of Glenn in front of the Bass player) I had an AMAZING view of Glenn for the whole evening. Watching him singing, dancing and genuinely seem to have fun was truly a pleasure. The moments that stand out for me (other than the obvious of new material from Glenn) are:

-Glenn singing You Are Not Alone. This has always been my favourite song from LROOE but this version was especially poignant as I remembered Glenn and I discussing how this song had helped ME.

-Glenn really encouraged the audience to sing with him on Lyin' Eyes... saying something along the lines of "you're gonns help me out right?" OF course the audience did!

-Victor Glenn's trusty tech was very sweet to me and gave me a glenn guitar pick as well. I went up to him after many others had and he told me he was sorry he had just given the last pick away.. . I replied "aww thats ok" However upon glancing arounfd the stage he told me to hold on that he had found one! He gave me the pic Glenn used right before he played the keyboard! (It was sitting on the edge of the keyboard lol)

-Glenn was not overly chatty, did not tell the plaintiff joke or the credit card joke! But he seemed to be in a good mood. It was a very unique show from Glenn, unlike any I've seen before. I was pleased to see him trying new things and seeming to enjoy it!

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

GL and tf, it all sounds so wonderful!

Lisa, your sign was a fabulous idea!

I'm also very happy for all of you that are there and psyched about the new album! Can't wait to hear more!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

I'm so happy for you all, glad all of you had your special moments at this concert!
    Can't wait to hear from the second night!
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)

I will leave the main review to Soda and the others, but I just wanted to let you know that the show tonight was even better than last night, if you can believe it!!! Glenn was in a livelier mood & this crowd was even more into him than the audience last night! There were a number of changes. He changed up the set list a bit & he changed his outfit to jeans & a sport jacket. He looked much more relaxed. (although he looked some sexy in that suit while singing the (new) standards! He chatted more & we thought that he sang the new songs with much more confidence. The audience ate them up! You could tell that he was pleased with the audiences reaction.

GA, FP, Dreamer, Soda, PLS & HH were all sitting at the front. I will let them tell you, but I will just say that Glenn gave them more recognition tonight! Even more than last night! I was thrilled for them!

Glenn was so gracious, thanking the audience genuinely after every song!

Anyway, those were just a few tidbits to tide you over until the others post the details.

Glenn !!!!

Sounds like we are in for an even more special review here. Can't wait to read what happened. . Is everyone still standing after the experience lol?
    Melanie

Oh my gosh, guys, it was so amazing! I don't think I have the energy to write a review now, but I will tomorrow. As GL stated, tonight's show was even better than last night's. Suffice it to say it was definitely worth it!!!!!!!!!!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten