Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Glenn Frey Working on New Solo Album!

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Glenn Frey Working on New Solo Album!

I wish we could have more discussion about which songs will or will not be included. I like it that apart from Route 66 the songs we know about so far are not that well known (that includes Caroline No). I hope he doesn't do Moon River, for example. I never saw the appeal of that song. Of course if he does do it I'll live with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    I wish we could have more discussion about which songs will or will not be included. I like it that apart from Route 66 the songs we know about so far are not that well known (that includes Caroline No). I hope he doesn't do Moon River, for example. I never saw the appeal of that song. Of course if he does do it I'll live with it.
    Although - if he did a song like that, i.e. something you don't currently like - you may find that Glenn's interpretation gives you a completely new appreciation for the song, Freypower.
    ---------------------------------
    Suzanne

I'll just chime in here once just to give my opinion because I realize and respect that many Glenn fans here are thrilled about and looking forward to this album. I, however, do not like it when my rock stars start crooning. But I understand that Glenn was raised in that era and would enjoy that kind of music. Just not my cup of tea.

Carry on!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

PM, I understand where you're coming from, but after such a dry spell, this is definitely exciting for a lot of Glenn fans!

It's hard for me to guess what might be on the album as he's taking his pick from apparently three or four decades of material!

I think it's interesting that he didn't mention that the album would have any original material, yet we know that the Frey/Tempchin song "After Hours" will be included. I wonder if any more original songs will be on it?

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border Henley Honey's Avatar

I get it too, PM. It's like if your favorite author normally writes mystery/suspense novels and suddenly writes a science-fiction book. You can still appreciate the style of their writing but not necessarily the content.

It's kind of the same with music. Luckily, I love of all types of music (except maybe rap) and like Soda, I'm hoping for some original material to be included. Having heard him sing some of these songs at Niagara Falls, I'm excited about and anxiously await the release of After Hours.

It's funny, FP. I am more familiar with The Shadow of Your Smile & The Look of Love than Route 66. I've loved Moon River since I was a child, but I'd rather Glenn do other songs. I'm sure I will love anything he does.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

The Shadow of Your Smile and The Look of Love are two of my favorites. I hop around all over the place as a rule and Sinatra never leaves my CD player. So to hear my favorite voice sing these songs is something I'm really looking forward to. I just heard The Shadow of Your Smile on the radio the other night and tried to imagine hearing it with Glenn's voice.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid View Post
    I'll just chime in here once just to give my opinion because I realize and respect that many Glenn fans here are thrilled about and looking forward to this album. I, however, do not like it when my rock stars start crooning. But I understand that Glenn was raised in that era and would enjoy that kind of music. Just not my cup of tea.

Carry on!
    I can understand this. Does this mean you won't buy the album? I wonder, how many of us Borderers who have the other band members as their favourite will buy After Hours, given the type of material on it? Feel free to say yea or nay!

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesKiwi View Post
    Although - if he did a song like that, i.e. something you don't currently like - you may find that Glenn's interpretation gives you a completely new appreciation for the song, Freypower.
    That is absolutely true. That's part of the anticipation of this project. To hear Glenn the interpreter; and he is an excellent interpreter (of other people's material) as well as narrator.

Will there be any more original songs apart from the title track? I would like to think so!

This is so exciting, isn't it?

Stuck on the Border Henley Honey's Avatar

I can understand this. Does this mean you won't buy the album? I wonder, how many of us Borderers who have the other band members as their favourite will buy After Hours, given the type of material on it? Feel free to say yea or nay!

That's a big Yea from HH!!