Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Niagara Falls 08-24-11

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Default Re: Niagara Falls 08-24-11

Fabulous review once again Nancy! I felt like I was right there with you all! Wishing I was right there with you too! It sounds like it was another wonderful night. Very cool that you all were noticed again! Sweet of him to do that. I know it made your all's night.

I'm so glad he put Take It Easy back in. I must admit I was disappointed he had left it out the first night. It's just a staple that Glenn must always do and it's such a wonderful song and my all time favorite Eagles song. I also wish he would do a tour to promote his new album and come closer to me here in Missouri.

Now for the dvd-AWESOME! Please let it happen! This would be soooooo great! Just what I would love to see!

Can't wait to hear more from the rest of you "angels"! I consider you all angels that went this time! (Well, maybe not Harold! lol) Amazing! I hope Glenn realizes what loyal fans he has! True blue!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Hey everyone - just wanted to check in. I arrived back home last night, and, as usual, very tired but VERY HAPPY!!!

Of course, those of you who hang around here know I have a lot to say, but, for now all I can do is say ...

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've got to work today, and, like HH, gotta get ready for Hurricane Irene. Hopefully, I'll be able to get back on to post more later today. For now, I'll just say that we had a blast!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

I got the impression that the DVD was pretty much a sure thing - it's the recording of the covers of various songs by folks like Buffalo Springfield and The Byrds that's in question. Maybe other guys in the band aren't convinced it's a good idea yet.

I'm super-excited about it, too!

Glad you guys enjoyed the review!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

HH, I'll be thinking of you & praying that you & your family get through the storm safely.

From what Glenn said I got the impression that the History of the Eagles DVD is a pretty sure thing. It's the covers of songs by the groups that came before them who they admire that might not happen. He said that he hopes it will. So do I!!!

There are couple of small things I remembered from the second night. During PEF he shouted out "who likes country music in Niagara Falls!". When he said that his mother made him take piano lessens from age 5 to 13 someone around me commented appreciatively-"thank God".

Quote Originally Posted by luvthelighthouse View Post
    Did you ladies get any pics together?
    We did, but I told everybody - no posting any photos of me unless I see them first!

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesKiwi
    So, on to the big question: you said he was having fun, but - was he flirting??
    Hey, when Glenn Frey turns on the charm, he becomes an irresistible force! He had everybody eating out of the palm of his hand! Even the guys get charmed - moreso by his humor than any flirting, though, lol. Oh, and BTW, it helps that he's awesomely talented. lol

LOL, Soda! You posted while I was typing up mine! At least we both had the same impression about the DVD being a sure thing!

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    We did, but I told everybody - no posting any photos of me unless I see them first!

Hey, when Glenn Frey turns on the charm, he becomes an irresistible force! He had everybody eating out of the palm of his hand! Even the guys get charmed - moreso by his humor than any flirting, though, lol.
    He wasn't half way through the 1st song when Harold leaned over to me & said emphatically - "fantastic". That surprised me. He liked Glenn but, he now has a real appreciation of his great talent!

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Guess what? I checked out my Buffalo Springfield cd and it has On The Way Home on it!! I'm listening to it right now! Great song! I can just hear Glenn singing it!

And yes, surely you all will share a group pic of you! It's a historic happening for The Border! An international meeting! Proof you all were really there!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

THANK YOU, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE REVIEWS OF BOTH SHOWS AND FOR THE AWESOME NEWS OF THE SOLO CD,40TH ANNIVERSARY DVD AND POSSIBLE EAGLE CD..YOU DESERVE ALL THE RECOGNITION HE GAVE YOU...YOU GIRLS ROCK!!!! ...HOPE I GET TO ROCK WITH YOU SOMEDAY...

Actually, it turns out we don't have a group photo with all of us together! We took one the first night before we met up with Kath, and the one we took at the falls is missing Ann because she wasn't feeling well that morning.

However, in response to pleas, I will post those two Nancy-approved photos for 24 hours only. Then, they're gone with the wind!

[Time's up! They're removed!]