Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Niagara Falls 08-24-11

Stuck on the Border luvthelighthouse's Avatar

Default Re: Niagara Falls 08-24-11

You all look great! Those smiles you are all wearing show so much about the time you were having! I'm so happy everyone had a blast!

Great pics! You all look very happy!
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Thank you! You all look fantastic and so happy!

And of course the falls are beautiful too!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border Henley Honey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GlennLover View Post
    HH, I'll be thinking of you & praying that you & your family get through the storm safely.

Thanks, GL
    We are as prepared as we can be. Several family members had to evacuate their homes, including my mom, but I've got her with me and we are "hunkering down" as we speak. We will most likely lose power for several days so you won't see any posts from me. But if I remember any interesting "tid bits" of the concert, I'll post them when I'm back online.
    Its kind of unprecedented in that NYC is shutting down all mass transit as of noon tomorrow -- buses, subways, railroads and airports. All bridges will be shut down when winds are sustained at 39 mph which is guaranteed with the size of this storm. Thank goodness I got to see Glenn!! If the storm happened last week and I could not get out to get to the Falls I would have been apoplectic!!!

HH, hope you stay safe during the storm.

The concert sounded awesome! All the shout outs from Glenn, so cool! And the Eagles 40th anniversary news... can't wait for that DVD (and possible tour? Haven't seen the boys since about three years or so ago... )
    ~ Tori
    https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/downloads/images/henley24.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Henley Honey View Post
    We are as prepared as we can be. Several family members had to evacuate their homes, including my mom, but I've got her with me and we are "hunkering down" as we speak. We will most likely lose power for several days so you won't see any posts from me. But if I remember any interesting "tid bits" of the concert, I'll post them when I'm back online.
    Its kind of unprecedented in that NYC is shutting down all mass transit as of noon tomorrow -- buses, subways, railroads and airports. All bridges will be shut down when winds are sustained at 39 mph which is guaranteed with the size of this storm. Thank goodness I got to see Glenn!! If the storm happened last week and I could not get out to get to the Falls I would have been apoplectic!!!
    Yes - thank goodness this is happening now and not a few days ago. Stay safe and you're in my prayers as well!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Wow! What an experience!
    I think one of the things that made the second night better was the joy in playing that was evident in the guys. Glenn and Danny would look at one another and you could see they were having a blast. It also probably helped that the audience was more lively the second night.

OK...Ok...it was also better being smack dab in the center. I got to see me some Al, Scott and Will who were all blocked to me by the piano first night. Even Michael was easier to see. (Btw when did Scott start wearing glasses? I'm much too young for him to start needing glasses lol) I also was only able to see Glenn's footwork the first night but was able to see the whole effect of his dancing this time. I might even have been guilty of screaming "ow!" when he was "getting down".

And Henley Honey I had your back and called out "we're 7!" when Glenn was saying 6 women. lol I was so happy to see the stage rush but unhappy that I was stuck in the center of the row with some people who had no intention of moving. Julie grabbed her purse and said something to the effect of should we. The man next to her realized his impending doom and jumped up out of the way as I grabbed my purse and hollered "GO!" I was kinda wedged in between two people pretty much at Glenn's feet but the women to the side of me gave ground as I started dancing. So I was able to edge up a bit closer to Lisa. The joy on her face when she looked over at me was priceless. I believe Mr. Frey was enjoying himself quite a bit as well. He had a big grin on his face when he stepped back from the mic that last time and said goodbye.

I was on such an emotional high that I was still in concert mode when we went the the 365 club (lounge?). The girl who was singing really wanted people on the dance floor but no one was getting up. She stepped off the stage and dragged one lady onto the dance floor and then came over and grabbed my hand and pulled me up. Luckily I have reached a point in my life (dare I say aged) that I no longer care what I look like. I love to dance so I do. If I look like a cow on roller skates...don't watch. Cuz I'm having fun! It might have had something to do with the liquid encouragement as well. I was lit enough to walk "home" barefoot in the rain. lol

I can't believe how much fun the trip was. Meeting everyone from all over the world was almost as wonderful as the concerts. Sorry guys...much as I love you all Mr. Frey gets just a tiny bit more love. lol He might not be John Wayne, he might not have an "S" on his chest, but I swear there must be an "I". The man is Incredible!

Quote Originally Posted by Perfect Little Sister View Post
    He might not be John Wayne, he might not have an "S" on his chest, but I swear there must be an "I". The man is Incredible!
    lol! And we know he's down with the cats if the play calls for it, even if he ain't into violence!

So do you think he still charges 25 grand, up front?

(10 Frey Fan Points to you if you know where these references are from without peeking here:
    http://www.glennfreyonline.com/solo/...ivicevideo.htm )

Yeah, you got pretty smashed after the show PLS but hey, it's all good! I danced too and I wasn't drunk.

Seriously!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Seriously!!

I was frey'd. lol

Good to see these - now I can put faces to names!(already know GA, of course) and I might recognise you if I see any of you at an Eagles show too. I'm hopeless at remembering names , but I remember faces quite well, so I might come up to you and say 'hey, are you a borderer?'