Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Niagara Falls 08-24-11

Default Re: Niagara Falls 08-24-11

What a week! Thanks for writing and sharing your descriptions of Glenn's performances at Niagara Falls this year.

Sounds like all of you had a fabulous time! Thanks for all of the great reviews everyone

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Well I'm home about 20 hours and finally able to post my tuppence worth as regards Wednesday nights show. In terms of the overall show, there's very little I can add. I too like the others had felt going in that if Glenn was as good as Tuesday night, we'd be in for some treat..... but if such a thing is possible HE WAS BETTER!
    He was definitely more relaxed, the funny stories and the jokes kept coming, and the interaction between him and Danny was really great to watch. He looked soooo hot in the casual outfit with his shirt hanging out of his jeans, but his smile was even hotter, and he showed it a LOT! I think he was pleased that his first show had been so well received and was all out to give the second show a BLAST! I was a little further to the left of Row 3 compared to the other girl, but, you know, I was RIGHT under the piano! And just felt Glenn was sooo close to me when he went over to sing SKOB and TOYL

Of course I like to think I was included in the 6/7 women after I raised me hand when he asked after PEF how many people had been there the previous night. And I think I was! I had brought the banner again, although I wasn't sure if I'd use it! Anyway, a little into TITTL he looked straight at me and gave me a wink :
    So obviously that put me in 7th heaven and I thought, 'Well, he knows I'm here tonight as well'

Again, I was delighted he brought back SKOB and loved having LE in the earlier part of the show. I think the crowd too was much livelier. I loved the part in the middle where he did the 4 songs that will be on 'After Hours' While I loved the way he jitterbugged around in 'Route 66' the song for me in that section was 'The Shadow of Your Smile'. I loved its lyrics, and the way Glenn sang it..... suffice to say, I was transported to a different place completely. I felt like everything else in my life was completely blocked out, it was just me listening to him sing, and watching the passion in his face as he did so. Its hard to put in words. I was in tears by the time he finished. I cannot wait to hear it when the cd is released.

As I was at the edge of the row I WAS one of the people who moved quickly, and was right under Glenn 's feet for the encore. TIE was well........ what can you say about TIE that hasn't already been said.....? But to be hearing it, and standing less than 2 feet away..... man, it blew me away! As did 'I Hear You Knockin'. That song was going around in my head all the way home on Thursday/Freyday. he really rocked it out, joined in by all of us at the stage, and the whole audience behind us. As he finished I stretched out my hand (with a few others) and tried to shake his, but he had stepped back and it was not to be. Still I had no regrets. Like Nancy, I thought he might come out and do THIO but then the lights came up and that was it.

The security staff were hell bent on getting us out, but I was in no rush to leave. I just wanted to savour the atmosphere 'one more time', or for just a little longer. Austin, I took a pic of the pedals for you, and a few guitars, I tried to get the set list which was on the floor, but I was told to put the camera away, and they would not take it up for me. Unlike the previous night the techies were not as quick out to start clearing the stage. Suddenly there was only myself and another woman left, and she turned on the security guy saying how paranoid he was and that it was the most uptight venue she had ever been at. It looked like it could get a bit heated so i just said... 'hey.... he's only doing his job' to her. I got a grateful glance..... just as the guitar techie came out. I think the fact that I said that, he let me go over, and I asked for a pick. I know I got one the previous night, but I wanted one for Lou.

The other girl was leaving with me (She got one too - persistence pays off) and I said to her 'Would you mind going ahead of me?' With the result that I am proud to say that I was the LAST of the audience to leave the concert venue.

Inevitable as soon as I did get out I got a bit emotional (ok I was crying.... thanks for helping me there Dreamer) and couldn't face going into the bar where a different and louder band were playing, so I was glad when a few of us decided to go get something to eat afterwards.

I felt much better later, and rejoined the others. We stayed in the bar until after 2:30am, and BOY those screwdrivers went down sooooo easily.

All in all it has been a wonderful experience, travelling to Canada, meeting a wonderful group of people known as 'Borderers' and of course seeing my favourite all time singer putting up the best shows of his life. IMHO anyway. I sincerely hope I get the chance to do it all again sometime.

Thenk you soooo much Glenn . It was WONDERFUL
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

So, did you enjoy yourself, GA? Couldn't quite figure it out from your review...

So glad you had a fantastic time, you deserved it flying all that way!

Did you remember pressies for the kids?
    ---------------------------------
    Suzanne

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Thanks EK! I did indeed have such a wonderful time!

And I did remember a few pressies, I got a fuchsia Niagara Falls bag for my daughter and a snow globe (she collects them). I got my son an inflatable 'Maid of the mist' boat, a pencil box and a little moose, both got t-shirts and candy as well.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Glad you're safely back home! I'm so happy for you! Glad you had a fantastic time, thank you for sharing all your experiences with us!
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter View Post
    Well I'm home about 20 hours and finally able to post my tuppence worth as regards Wednesday nights show. In terms of the overall show, there's very little I can add. I too like the others had felt going in that if Glenn was as good as Tuesday night, we'd be in for some treat..... but if such a thing is possible HE WAS BETTER!
    He was definitely more relaxed, the funny stories and the jokes kept coming, and the interaction between him and Danny was really great to watch. He looked soooo hot in the casual outfit with his shirt hanging out of his jeans, but his smile was even hotter, and he showed it a LOT! I think he was pleased that his first show had been so well received and was all out to give the second show a BLAST! I was a little further to the left of Row 3 compared to the other girl, but, you know, I was RIGHT under the piano! And just felt Glenn was sooo close to me when he went over to sing SKOB and TOYL

Of course I like to think I was included in the 6/7 women after I raised me hand when he asked after PEF how many people had been there the previous night. And I think I was! I had brought the banner again, although I wasn't sure if I'd use it! Anyway, a little into TITTL he looked straight at me and gave me a wink :
    So obviously that put me in 7th heaven and I thought, 'Well, he knows I'm here tonight as well'

Again, I was delighted he brought back SKOB and loved having LE in the earlier part of the show. I think the crowd too was much livelier. I loved the part in the middle where he did the 4 songs that will be on 'After Hours' While I loved the way he jitterbugged around in 'Route 66' the song for me in that section was 'The Shadow of Your Smile'. I loved its lyrics, and the way Glenn sang it..... suffice to say, I was transported to a different place completely. I felt like everything else in my life was completely blocked out, it was just me listening to him sing, and watching the passion in his face as he did so. Its hard to put in words. I was in tears by the time he finished. I cannot wait to hear it when the cd is released.

As I was at the edge of the row I WAS one of the people who moved quickly, and was right under Glenn 's feet for the encore. TIE was well........ what can you say about TIE that hasn't already been said.....? But to be hearing it, and standing less than 2 feet away..... man, it blew me away! As did 'I Hear You Knockin'. That song was going around in my head all the way home on Thursday/Freyday. he really rocked it out, joined in by all of us at the stage, and the whole audience behind us. As he finished I stretched out my hand (with a few others) and tried to shake his, but he had stepped back and it was not to be. Still I had no regrets. Like Nancy, I thought he might come out and do THIO but then the lights came up and that was it.

The security staff were hell bent on getting us out, but I was in no rush to leave. I just wanted to savour the atmosphere 'one more time', or for just a little longer. Austin, I took a pic of the pedals for you, and a few guitars, I tried to get the set list which was on the floor, but I was told to put the camera away, and they would not take it up for me. Unlike the previous night the techies were not as quick out to start clearing the stage. Suddenly there was only myself and another woman left, and she turned on the security guy saying how paranoid he was and that it was the most uptight venue she had ever been at. It looked like it could get a bit heated so i just said... 'hey.... he's only doing his job' to her. I got a grateful glance..... just as the guitar techie came out. I think the fact that I said that, he let me go over, and I asked for a pick. I know I got one the previous night, but I wanted one for Lou.

The other girl was leaving with me (She got one too - persistence pays off) and I said to her 'Would you mind going ahead of me?' With the result that I am proud to say that I was the LAST of the audience to leave the concert venue.

Inevitable as soon as I did get out I got a bit emotional (ok I was crying.... thanks for helping me there Dreamer) and couldn't face going into the bar where a different and louder band were playing, so I was glad when a few of us decided to go get something to eat afterwards.

I felt much better later, and rejoined the others. We stayed in the bar until after 2:30am, and BOY those screwdrivers went down sooooo easily.

All in all it has been a wonderful experience, travelling to Canada, meeting a wonderful group of people known as 'Borderers' and of course seeing my favourite all time singer putting up the best shows of his life. IMHO anyway. I sincerely hope I get the chance to do it all again sometime.

Thenk you soooo much Glenn . It was WONDERFUL
    Glad everyone had a good time! And thanks for getting those pictures!!!! You know me and my guitar gear obsession.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Well folks - I'm gonna have to try to make this quick because I don't know how long I'll have power. Hurricane Irene has reared her ugly head here. The winds and rain first came around 8:00 a.m. and it just keeps getting progressively worse. We won't get the worst of it until tonight so it may be a very long day and evening. Wow - an earthquake and hurricane here in Virginia all in one week is a little much. I was in Niagara Falls during the earthquake, but when I got home my computer monitor and telephone had been jarred off my desk and were in the floor - it is amazing that they were not damaged. Anyway, sorry to take this thread so off topic, but my neighbor just call to tell me she has lost power.

I'll just say for now that I had a wonderful time meeting old and new friends. And ...

Glenn Frey is awesome!!!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Glad you didn't sustain any damage from the earthquake. My prayers are with you & all those that have to weather the hurricane! We will probably get the tail end of it here. We expect a lot of rain but don't expect it too be too severe.

Good to hear that no damage is caused by the earthquake!
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)