Page 120 of 125 FirstFirst ... 2070110116117118119120121122123124 ... LastLast
Results 1,191 to 1,200 of 1250

Thread: Jackson Browne

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

Default Re: Jackson Browne

Lol I got a free download code for a song from the cd, from starbucks

I also saw he played chicago tonight.......

Yes sally ge I think of you

Quote Originally Posted by SallyGee View Post
    He did play quite a few songs from the new album. I loved them all. I preordered it from Amazon and I still didn't get it! I definitely won't do that again. It's been out a week already. I can't wait to hear your thoughts on the show. He is just so great in concert. Have a great time.
    Thanks!! Ugh, I pre-ordered it from Amazon, also, but ended up having ordered the digital version in error, which was a disappointment. Hope you get yours soon! I think it is more fun to hold the CD in your hand and see the album art and lyrics--dating myself, I know. The countdown is on for Friday!

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

He did play quite a few songs from the new album. I loved them all. I preordered it from Amazon and I still didn't get it! I definitely won't do that again. It's been out a week already. I can't wait to hear your thoughts on the show. He is just so great in concert. Have a great time.
    And this is why I don't preorder from amazon anymore. They are so slow!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

We saw Jackson last night and Tuesday night. He never disappoints. I think I've seen him close to 20 times, and every show is different. He has a full band with him, so they kind of follow a set list. But the order was a little different last night. And someone called out for a Warren Devon song, so he sang Carmelita. I love when he does that. He was his usual charming self, talking in between songs and telling us how much he appreciated us being there. Today is his birthday, so the audience sang Happy Birthday to him. He seemed touched by that, but did say he had a few more hours yet. I have loved him for 40 years. Not only for his music, but because of the man he is. Always doing something for charity or the environment. His songs have helped me deal with so much over the years. He will always have a special place in my heart. If anyone has the chance to see him, do it. You won't be disappointed.
    The nice thing about reading this is that you can really feel the love and respect you have for him. I'm glad you got to see him again. My turn is coming up this Saturday.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

I was reading the 'thanks to' paragraph on Jackson's new cd, and of the many people he thanks, one of them is Joe Walsh, directly preceded by Bonnie Raitt and David Crosby. I can understand him thanking Bonnie Raitt and David Crosby, but does anyone know why he would be thanking Joe on this cd? I thought it was pretty cool!
    ~ Cathy ~

PM, have a great time tomorrow. I'm sure you will. I'll be thinking about you. Blow Jackson a kiss from me.

PM, have a great time tomorrow. I'm sure you will. I'll be thinking about you. Blow Jackson a kiss from me.
    One from you and one from me.
    ~ Cathy ~

You are so right about Jackson being wonderful in concert. He sounded great with the band, and he is so warm and interesting when he makes comments.
    We had really wonderful seats, and I was truly thrilled to be so close to him. I wanted the evening to go on and on!

Quote Originally Posted by deb828 View Post
    You are so right about Jackson being wonderful in concert. He sounded great with the band, and he is so warm and interesting when he makes comments.
    We had really wonderful seats, and I was truly thrilled to be so close to him. I wanted the evening to go on and on!
    So happy you enjoyed the show. I knew you would. I was lucky enough to see him in August, and twice last week, and it still isn't enough. At least I finally got the CD. I love it. It debuted at number 15 on Billboards chart. Not bad for someone who has been around for over 40 years.

The show last night in Indy was great. Our seats were basically 3 rows back from the stage (there were 2 rows in the pit), dead center. We had great fans around us who were fun to talk to before the show. Deb, one guy was at your show the night before and SG, another guy was at the Beacon on the 7th!

I had been waiting so long to see Jackson with his band. It was cool to see his old keyboard player and drummer from the Going Home dvd. Jackson's voice sounded strong with a band backing him. He was fun and conversational. At one point a female voice in the audience yelled out "Here Come Those Tears Again", and Jackson shook his head and laughed, but then went on to tell us that he wrote that song with his mother-in-law (which I knew) and that they were good friends. It was great that he could talk about that time in his life without bringing up his wife's suicide. Although there were several requests called out, Jackson stuck to the set list, and I was thrilled. I had received the new cd last week and had time to familiarize myself with it. Although, I wish he had done Yeah Yeah, I knew from looking at setlistfm.com that he wasn't doing it.

I also knew that for the encore he was doing Take It Easy going right into Our Lady of the Well, just like on the original recording on the For Everyman album from 1973. That was awesome enough, but he had been doing one more song, the closer for the show, and it wasn't always the same. What would our closer be? Everybody was still on their feet. After consulting with his slide guitarist, he sat down at the piano and started playing the first familiar notes of For A Dancer. I grabbed Hubby and pulled him close. We had this song played at my BIL, Chuck's funeral last November. He died from ALS at the age of 48. We feel a connection to the song now whenever we hear it. As we left the theatre I said to Hubby, "It was like he knew."

It was a beautiful ending to a great show.
    ~ Cathy ~