Page 124 of 125 FirstFirst ... 2474114120121122123124125 LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,240 of 1250

Thread: Jackson Browne

Default Re: Jackson Browne

Quote Originally Posted by longtimeeaglesfan View Post
    View from Row D. I enjoyed the performance although I admit I would have preferred to hear more of his more well known songs such as Doctor My Eyes, Lawyers in Love, Somebody's Baby, The Load-Out/Stay, Tender is the Night, Boulevard, That Girl Could Sing.

I was irritated by the couple in front of me - they kept standing and switching seats with each other and she felt the need to hold her phone up high and record video frequently despite getting a personal warning from Orpheum staff.

Soda - I would have said hello if I knew you were going to be there. I'm interested to hear your take on the concert.

I like that some of his songs are political since I share his views. He seemed very personal and I like it when everything isn't always polished like when he had trouble picking out his correct guitar.

I really liked that he mentioned Glenn Frey on a couple of occasions including when he spoke of writing Take it Easy with/for Glenn before performing it in the encore.

I wish we could have hooked up - it would have been nice. I just waited too long to PM you!

Like you, I was disappointed not to hear some of my faves, but my cries for "Late for the Sky," "Looking into You" and "Somebody's Baby" were outshouted by people who wanted to hear the likes of "Rosie" and "Redneck Friend" - still, I do appreciate how he does what the crowd wants. I was amazed at how the two ladies he had with him were also able to harmonize on just about anything in his catalog. They are well-prepared, as was his accompanying bass player/steel guitar player/ guy who did whatever was needed! Wow!

As for the political stuff, everyone knows he's a big liberal, and I'm glad that any conservatives in the audience didn't say anything. It just makes for unpleasantness. Better to just clap politely or keep silent entirely if you don't agree with the artist. It's really unavoidable that he's going to talk politics when some of his songs are overtly political. His song "The Dreamer," released in 2017, is pretty much political commentary. The only time I get uncomfortable is when he starts talking about religion, but I just simply refrained from clapping for "Rebel Jesus."

I also like the little unpolished and personal moments. It makes it feel like an intimate concert done just for us rather than one he's done a million times.

I loved his Glenn mentions, too. I wondered about the "Ramblin/Gamblin" lyric change in "These Days" and wondered if it had anything to do with Glenn, or if it was just a coincidence. Did you hear what he said after that? It seemed he was kind of coming up with the lyrics off the cuff for that verse. It sounded to me like "And I've quit my ramblin' / I don't do no more gamblin' these days. These days..." And he paused and fumbled a bit and it sounded like he sang something like "And I wonder if I'll ever see another holiday" - but I'm not sure I caught that line correctly.

I enjoyed the show, but in the end, I thought it lacked the energy and excitement of the kind of solo show I'm used to seeing. I don't think I'll spend another $100 to see him again if he comes back.

Thanks for sharing the pics!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

So this was an acoustic show? I thought this tour was supposed to be with his band?

I remember when I saw him he forgot a line of one of his more popular songs! Can't remember which one! He just laughed and moved on. It was cute!

I think he is my next favorite artist after the Eagles! Yes, I can do without his politics and religious beliefs, but I can overlook that.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Thanks for the reviews LTEF and Soda. It's too bad the two of you didn't get a chance to meet. I would love to see Jackson, but I keep waiting for the tour with his full band. I hope I haven't missed my chance. It's been quite a while since he toured with a full band.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    So this was an acoustic show? I thought this tour was supposed to be with his band?

I remember when I saw him he forgot a line of one of his more popular songs! Can't remember which one! He just laughed and moved on. It was cute!

I think he is my next favorite artist after the Eagles! Yes, I can do without his politics and religious beliefs, but I can overlook that.
    Nope, not full band. However, more of a "band" then the last time I saw him in 2010. Then, it was literally just him on the stage - a one-man show.

Dreamer, I'm not sure he'll ever tour with a full band again. It's more expensive. Plus, they might not be able to do this "free form" style as easily, where he plays whatever the crowd wants - something which he seems to really enjoy doing.

Open up your eyes take the devil from your mind

Stuck on the Border

Wow, thank you whitecap. My sister and I have been waiting to see if Jackson would come back to the NY/NJ area. I will have to tell her and ask her if she wants to go.

Quote Originally Posted by whitcap View Post
    Thanks, wc! Long time no see! Glad to have you back!

I see that David Lindley isn't included in his band for this. I wonder why as he toured with him for years. Maybe he doesn't do it anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by whitcap View Post
    Shows you what I know! Well, in this case, I'm glad my speculation was off. If Jackson comes around with a band, I think I might plunk down that money after all.

Thanks for the info, whitcap - always great to hear from you!

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Thanks so much, whitcap. It looks like I'll get my chance to see Jackson with a band after all. He will be doing a show in northern VA.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

So sorry to hear he has the coronavirus. Hope he kicks it easily.

He has a new song out and album coming in October.

Here is a link to his story with a link to listen to a new song A Little Too Soon To Say. I'm a little distressed with his appearance in the accompanying picture. His normally straight hair is a bit messy and a little grayish! Doesn't matter, I still love him and if you can go see him, by all means, go! He's wonderful!

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...to-say-972249/