Page 125 of 125 FirstFirst ... 2575115121122123124125
Results 1,241 to 1,247 of 1247

Thread: Jackson Browne

  1. #1241
    Border Rebel
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    532

    Default Re: Jackson Browne

    Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    So sorry to hear he has the coronavirus. Hope he kicks it easily.

    He has a new song out and album coming in October.

    Here is a link to his story with a link to listen to a new song A Little Too Soon To Say. I'm a little distressed with his appearance in the accompanying picture. His normally straight hair is a bit messy and a little grayish! Doesn't matter, I still love him and if you can go see him, by all means, go! He's wonderful!

    https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...to-say-972249/

    Nice song, but I'm not thrilled with the backing vocals and his voice sounds a bit strained to me. I always buy everything he puts out though and this will be no exception. My wife and I have seen him at least 20 times over the year and he puts on great shows.

    He does look his age is finally starting to catch up with him in the photo. It was actually a bit jarring as I haven't seen any recent pictures of him

    Hopefully, his bout with the coronavirus will be over quickly and he'll fully recover. It does seem that he's got a mild case of it.

  2. #1242
    Moderator Brooke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)
    Posts
    21,328

    Default Re: Jackson Browne

    SS, 20 times?! That's amazing! You must be from a metro area. I've only seen him once but would love to see him again and I've been a fan since the mid 70's.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

  3. #1243
    Border Rebel
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    532

    Default Re: Jackson Browne

    Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    SS, 20 times?! That's amazing! You must be from a metro area. I've only seen him once but would love to see him again and I've been a fan since the mid 70's.
    We live in the New York metro area so that made it possible for us to see him a lot, but also we saw him probably at least 15 of those times in the 70s when he was touring all the time. Since then, his tours seem to be more sporadic and he plays in places that are less convenient for us.

  4. #1244
    Border Desperado MarthaJo56's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    I'm back in my hometown of Riverside in beautiful Southern California
    Posts
    425

    Default Re: Jackson Browne

    Quote Originally Posted by scottside View Post
    We live in the New York metro area so that made it possible for us to see him a lot, but also we saw him probably at least 15 of those times in the 70s when he was touring all the time. Since then, his tours seem to be more sporadic and he plays in places that are less convenient for us.
    I've only seen him once--that was in Ames, Iowa in 1983. I was SO looking forward to his tour with James Taylor. Hoping for a miracle and maybe we can.


  5. #1245
    Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA
    Posts
    19,247

    Default Re: Jackson Browne

    that Jackson has a full and speedy recovery.

    Oddly enough, I've yet to see him live. Still not giving up hope yet though!

    "People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

  6. #1246
    Out on the Border henleyfreychick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4

    Default Re: Jackson Browne

    I haven't seen this posted anywhere yet (please excuse me if I'm mistaken,) but Jackson released a new song!

    "Downhill From Everywhere" was released exclusively on Rolling Stone today and will be available everywhere on Earth Day (April 22.) I'll admit I don't love it as much as "A Little Soon to Say" (I haven't stopped listening to this song yet!) but I love that he's making and releasing new music.

    The link also includes a brief article about the upcoming album and Jackson's environmental efforts.

    https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...sh81isqXBrAhy4

    I hope he's resting and recovering at home.
    "Be part of something good, leave something good behind."

  7. #1247
    Border Desperado MarthaJo56's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    I'm back in my hometown of Riverside in beautiful Southern California
    Posts
    425

    Default Re: Jackson Browne

    Quote Originally Posted by henleyfreychick View Post
    I haven't seen this posted anywhere yet (please excuse me if I'm mistaken,) but Jackson released a new song!

    "Downhill From Everywhere" was released exclusively on Rolling Stone today and will be available everywhere on Earth Day (April 22.) I'll admit I don't love it as much as "A Little Soon to Say" (I haven't stopped listening to this song yet!) but I love that he's making and releasing new music.

    The link also includes a brief article about the upcoming album and Jackson's environmental efforts.

    https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...sh81isqXBrAhy4

    I hope he's resting and recovering at home.
    I heard it today, downloaded it. Great song!


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •