Page 10 of 125 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110 ... LastLast

Thread: Jackson Browne

Default Re: Jackson Browne

EV, I think he started the tour last September! I saw him at the Tower Theater in Philly around mid-September, then I saw him in Santa Barbara, CA at the end of September, as we were out there on vacation. I can hardly wait to see him in August, as he'll be in Camden, NJ. Both JB and the Eagles keep very busy touring, don't they?

That begs the question...does he change the setlists up from show to show, or does he keep it the same like the Eagles?
    ~Eva~

...the calling of the tide's eternal tune, the phases of the moon, the chambers of the heart, the egg and dart...

The setlist was the same for the Philly show and the Santa Barbara one. However, I am hoping it may change a little by August, as this would be the second leg of the tour. Here's hoping!

Border Desperado

I've just got tickets to the JB show at the St. Augustine Amphitheater in August! I'm looking forward to a great show!

WooHoo!!! Good for you Melrose !! I'll be seeing him in August as well. We'll have plenty of JB to talk about come August!!!
    ~Jess~

Stranded "on a corner in Winslow, Arizona
    Such a fine sight to see."

Border Desperado

I saw his solo-acoustic show last March 2008, and it was beautiful. I enjoyed every minute of it. Although, there were a few in the crowd that were opposed to the song Drums of War, and they had the audacity to "boo" him while he was singing. I was highly disappointed with that. I don't always agree with artists singing their political view songs, but I would never be rude while they are performing. Hopefully this time around the opposing concertgoers will have more respect.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    Yoo hoo, toon.........where'd she go? lol
    Helloooooooo!

Sorry, darned computers and losing notebook meant I couldn't write anything up.

However, have found notebook and this is the review of the first half of concert.

Jackson came on stage a couple minutes after 8pm to an ovation from the fans and launched into Boulevard and as he did so, Witchy Mummy grabbed the notepad I had to write down the setlist and scribbled “blue jeans, black shirt, black shoes”. The song went down brilliantly and you could tell the audience were thrilled to be there. Next came Everywhere I Go which again the crowd loved. It seemed we were an audience eager to hear anything Jackson had to play. On introducing Barricades Of Heaven Jackson said it’s a song about finding the person you are going to be and for him that was in southern California. Jackson took to the piano for Fountain Of Sorrow and sounded wonderful.

Next up came an introduction to a set of songs from the new album. First up was Time The Conqueror which sounded amazing. Jackson then started chatting about a part of LA that he kept going to, visiting people and then moved to. It was the only green place in LA, well not the only, but the only one you could live in. There was an influx of freaks to the area and somehow he hadn’t noticed it happened, living in Orange County, but in Laurel Canyon it had started happening and it was happening around the world. Off Of Wonderland is about a street in LA but also partially inspired by Lewis Carroll. This song was absolutely wonderful to hear live.

Then came Live Nude Cabaret. Jackson was quite funny introducing it he said that here (England) we probably pronounce the “t” at the end and we all said no. The song came to him whilst e was at a stop light, and that yes, its not all freeways, though that’s what he heard! He was listening to a Ben Harper song-Power of the Gospel and he saw a sign to the “Live Nude Cabaret”. It wasn’t a big billboard sign that you get for… “gentlemens clubs”, it was more of a hand lettered sign. “I kept going of course” (with much laughter from the audience).

Giving That Heaven Away was followed by Sky Blue And Black. As soon as Jackson started playing WM sighed and she was happy!

Doctor My Eyes segued into About My Imagination and then came the interval.

I will type the second bit up and post this weekend. I've also managed to get tickets to go to next weeks concert as well!!! I'll be going with my boyfriend, who really likes Jackson as well, so it will be great fun to go again.

Well, I've hardly had time to recover from my Don adventure, and I'm off to see Jackson Browne today! We're driving up to London as soon as I stop messing around on The Border... I'm really looking forward to seeing (and hearing) him

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

Have fun Troub! I want to see Jackson Browne too (*pouting and stomping feet*)
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Me too! Have fun Troub!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten