Page 12 of 125 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast

Thread: Jackson Browne

Talking Re: Jackson Browne

Thanks Brooke. Keeping my fingers crossed. He sells out very quickly. I'll need the luck of the Irish that's for sure.

Carol Lynn
    SoCalGal

Stuck on the Border luvthelighthouse's Avatar

Default Re: Jackson Browne

I think you'll like his intro to this:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1uqHWNfYaM&feature=related[/ame]

Stuck on the Border luvthelighthouse's Avatar

Last night I had tickets to see Jackson. The place had a small pavillion and the lawn seating is where people set up elaborate pinics, not just sit on the ground like a regular concert. It's really quite interesting to see.

We get there, set up the chairs, portable table, set out the candle and flowers, open the vino and prepare the food. We have a perfect view of the video screen too. As we are relaxing waiting for the show to begin, it's starts to rain, heavily! With out best efforts of plastic table clothes, poncho's, blankets etc, we ended up drenched! My one friend who drove was miserable and she suggested we pack up and leave. What could I say, I came with her, we were soaking wet and whatnot... but I said, let's give it a while and see if we are freezing when the rain stops. Well, thanfully she agreed to stay and we had the best night! It was so fun and Jackson was amazing!!!

The show was set to start at 7:30, so my friends figured he'd have an opening act... but no, at 7:30 Jackson stepped on stage. He played for three hours w/a 15 min intermission. Like our boys, he knows how to do it right! Mind you, my lawn ticket was only $27! (well worth it)

I can't tell you all the songs he played, but each one sounded great. I was trying to take mental notes, but by the next song, I had forgotton what I wanted to say. I immediately thought of Soda and how she remembers all these little details... and here I am, can't remember from one song to the next! I do remember the little things he did... like mention two of his bandmates were from Chicago, which of course drew great applause, seeing as how we were in a Chicago suburb. Also, during two of his songs, he inserted Chicago, the blues and Ravinia (the name of the venue) in the lyrics and of course people love that stuff. It makes them feel connected somehow. My other friend actually has musical talent and she kept commenting on how Jackson sings in the exact same key he did thirty years ago. It was truly amazing how fantastic he sounded... actually, I was amazed at his vocals. As age sets in, lets face it, most people sing lower due to natural change in your voice... but not Jackson. He did equal time between the keyboard and guitar and looked so at ease the whole time. He sang Take it Easy and the entire place was singing along with him. He has two of the most talented back up singers, Chavonne Morris and Alethea Mills. OMG, they were brilliant!

He ended the show with Stay... and of course there really is the line, "we got to drive all night and do a show in Chicago"... well... for the last song, it' was so perfect. If anyone has the chance to see Jackson, I say go for it, you will not be disappointed. Rain soaked and wet for three hours, we loved it!

LTL, I will be seeing JB this Sunday!! I can hardly wait-he is having an opening act at this concert-Steve Earle-who happens to be one of my favorite singer/songwriters. So I can see that on Sunday I will be in heaven!
    So glad you had such a great time-I saw Jackson last year, and I know he puts on an awesome show!

Quote Originally Posted by luvthelighthouse View Post
    If anyone has the chance to see Jackson, I say go for it, you will not be disappointed. Rain soaked and wet for three hours, we loved it!
    That's quite a recommendation LTL! But I don't need convincing - I want to see JB! (stomping feet)
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Quote Originally Posted by luvthelighthouse View Post
    Rain soaked and wet for three hours, we loved it!
    Sounds like you still had a good time, ltlh. I'd love to see him.

That reminded me of a number of years ago (like probably 20 years!) my daughter and I went to see the Oak Ridge Boys in a nearby town and it rained buckets during the whole show! We sat out in it in our lawn chairs and umbrella, but still got soaked to the bones. Even so, we had fun and it was a great show!

Music can have the power to make it all right!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Border Desperado

Those who know me knows Jacko is my 2nd. of all fav Artist ever in the World, just -of course- after the Eagles ....

By the way, CSNY and Pink Floyd are in a huge fight for MY 3rd. fav...
    Be part of something good,
    Leave something good behind.

PM, I wish you could come with me to see Jackson on Sunday! I'm going alone, as hubby has said he is tired of going to see Jackson. As you know, he is also tired of going to see the Eagles!

I wish I could too Stars. Actually, Chicago is probably the place I should have seen him, because I doubt that he'll come any closer to me.
    Last edited by Prettymaid; 07-31-2009 at 06:56 PM.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Ltl, your story makes me even more excited about seeing Jackson next month. It'll be my first time to see him. My friends and I were talking about the concert last week and couldn't believe how fast the time has gone by. We bought the tickets about 3 months ago and now we are only one month away. I can't wait!!!

Stars, i'm eagerly awaiting your review and hopefully some pics of your concert this sunday.
    ~Jess~

Stranded "on a corner in Winslow, Arizona
    Such a fine sight to see."