Page 125 of 125 FirstFirst ... 2575115121122123124125
Results 1,241 to 1,250 of 1250

Thread: Jackson Browne

Border Rebel

Default Re: Jackson Browne

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    So sorry to hear he has the coronavirus. Hope he kicks it easily.

He has a new song out and album coming in October.

Here is a link to his story with a link to listen to a new song A Little Too Soon To Say. I'm a little distressed with his appearance in the accompanying picture. His normally straight hair is a bit messy and a little grayish! Doesn't matter, I still love him and if you can go see him, by all means, go! He's wonderful!

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...to-say-972249/

Nice song, but I'm not thrilled with the backing vocals and his voice sounds a bit strained to me. I always buy everything he puts out though and this will be no exception. My wife and I have seen him at least 20 times over the year and he puts on great shows.

He does look his age is finally starting to catch up with him in the photo. It was actually a bit jarring as I haven't seen any recent pictures of him

Hopefully, his bout with the coronavirus will be over quickly and he'll fully recover. It does seem that he's got a mild case of it.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

SS, 20 times?! That's amazing! You must be from a metro area. I've only seen him once but would love to see him again and I've been a fan since the mid 70's.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Border Rebel

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    SS, 20 times?! That's amazing! You must be from a metro area. I've only seen him once but would love to see him again and I've been a fan since the mid 70's.
    We live in the New York metro area so that made it possible for us to see him a lot, but also we saw him probably at least 15 of those times in the 70s when he was touring all the time. Since then, his tours seem to be more sporadic and he plays in places that are less convenient for us.

No longer in Southern California.We're now in Northen New York, the St. Lawrence Valley. :)

Quote Originally Posted by scottside View Post
    We live in the New York metro area so that made it possible for us to see him a lot, but also we saw him probably at least 15 of those times in the 70s when he was touring all the time. Since then, his tours seem to be more sporadic and he plays in places that are less convenient for us.
    I've only seen him once--that was in Ames, Iowa in 1983. I was SO looking forward to his tour with James Taylor. Hoping for a miracle and maybe we can.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

that Jackson has a full and speedy recovery.

Oddly enough, I've yet to see him live. Still not giving up hope yet though!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Out on the Border henleyfreychick's Avatar

I haven't seen this posted anywhere yet (please excuse me if I'm mistaken,) but Jackson released a new song!

"Downhill From Everywhere" was released exclusively on Rolling Stone today and will be available everywhere on Earth Day (April 22.) I'll admit I don't love it as much as "A Little Soon to Say" (I haven't stopped listening to this song yet!) but I love that he's making and releasing new music.

The link also includes a brief article about the upcoming album and Jackson's environmental efforts.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...sh81isqXBrAhy4

I hope he's resting and recovering at home.
    "Be part of something good, leave something good behind."

No longer in Southern California.We're now in Northen New York, the St. Lawrence Valley. :)

Quote Originally Posted by henleyfreychick View Post
    I haven't seen this posted anywhere yet (please excuse me if I'm mistaken,) but Jackson released a new song!

"Downhill From Everywhere" was released exclusively on Rolling Stone today and will be available everywhere on Earth Day (April 22.) I'll admit I don't love it as much as "A Little Soon to Say" (I haven't stopped listening to this song yet!) but I love that he's making and releasing new music.

The link also includes a brief article about the upcoming album and Jackson's environmental efforts.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...sh81isqXBrAhy4

I hope he's resting and recovering at home.
    I heard it today, downloaded it. Great song!

Jackson’s tour with James Taylor is resuming. In this recent interview, he also talks about Glenn and his co-write on “Take It Easy” starting at 2:57 (“I could never have written that [line]”).

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Thanks, Delilah, it was an interesting talk. The Glenn line he refers to is , to me, the one that makes it a fun song. Always makes me smile, and it would really be missing a lot without it, IMO. I'd sure slow down for a closer look!
    I remember Don H referring one time that Glenn often wrote very important lines in a song, even if not the most quantity.
    "Be part of something good--
    Leave something good behind."

I'm in a couple of Jackson Browne fan groups on Facebook, and an admin on one.
    On one of the groups, someone posted this ZigZag magazine article/interview of Jackson Browne from 1972, that she had found in a pile of old sheet music she had squirreled away.
    I posted below, the section where he talks about Glenn.

That would have been around the time I was thinking of quitting school and moving to L.A. (which was only an hour away ) and hanging out with musicians at the Troubadour and other Hollywood clubs. My brother lived in Hollywood at the time, so it would have been easy. But, alas, I chickened out. My Dad taught at my high school, so dropping out really wasn't an option. I still think woulda-shoulda-coulda. And how different my life would be now.

JBarticleonglenn.jpg