Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Happy birthday, Austin!

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: Happy birthday, Austin!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AUSTIN!!!

Hope your day turned out good in spite of the memories of losing your dog. Joe says to many more happy birthdays ...

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Happy Birthday!

Stuck on the Border luvthelighthouse's Avatar

Hope you had a great birthday!

What's funny is, knowing this was your thread, I was actually looking at the guitars and not Joe!

Thanks everyone!

LTL - LOL.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Happy birthday from the other side of the world, Austin!
    ---------------------------------
    Suzanne

Thanks EK!

It means a lot. I've been super stressed lately so what did I do yesterday for my Birthday? Not a damn thing. I slept, listened to music on the radio, thought to myself, ate some dinner, had one piece of cake with ice cream and then went back to bed. Got up around midnight my time (US Central Time) and I'm still up and will likely be going to bed shortly. Exciting, huh?! My life = boring. My sleep schedule is so off it's not even funny. I'm sleeping 5 hours at a time (usually 5 hours a day) and mostly during the day. And I'm up at night. I can't sleep a full night's sleep and sleep at the right time (nighttime). My internal clock is all screwed up. It's all because I've been down lately and I just haven't been feeling good in general. I'm hoping my Ausfest music jam in October will cheer me up some as I get to play music with friends and be around more people instead of solitude inside the house all of the time. Between losing my dog and losing my band it really did a number on me. I no longer have a companion (my dogs are super independent) and I no longer have a way to get out and do stuff. I basically sit in the house 24/7 and either play music or waste time on the computer looking up god knows what (guitars, pedals, Facebook, YouTube videos, etc). Just very boring. And I'm partially blind (I'm medically disabled and can't work) so I can't drive to get out and am dependent on others which I hate. It sucks. So I pretty much spend my life in my house, alone, doing the same stuff every day. It's so predictable. I hate that. I don't have much choice though so I do what I can to get by. Luckily every once in a great while I get to go shopping or play music with friends or go to a concert.

I go for a massage on Friday - I can't wait. I seriously need it before I lose my mind.
    Last edited by WalshFan88; 09-14-2011 at 07:58 AM.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

I'm so sorry to hear that Austin. I certainly hope things improve for her very shortly or, at the very least, your medical problems become more manageable. And if I ever get over to the Peoria area, I'm coming to bust you out of that house & you and I are going to find something to do for the day. It may or may not include needing bail money by the end of it.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    I'm so sorry to hear that Austin. I certainly hope things improve for her very shortly or, at the very least, your medical problems become more manageable. And if I ever get over to the Peoria area, I'm coming to bust you out of that house & you and I are going to find something to do for the day. It may or may not include needing bail money by the end of it.
    Thanks!

And that sounds like a good idea to me!
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

Austin, you live with your parents, right? Maybe you could talk to them about wanting to get out more. Have you looked into joining some support groups with people who have similar conditions? You could ask your doctor about it. Also, have you thought about getting involved in volunteer work - a charity volunteer or something like that? Even someone with limited physical capabilities can be assigned tasks in those organizations, and they need all the help they can get. You'd be helping people and socializing at the same time. If your parents are unable to take you to places maybe you could work something out with the organization or use public transportation. If you have money, you could even take a taxi. You sound pretty unhappy and maybe it's time to consider making some changes in your life.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border Henley Honey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Austin, you live with your parents, right? Maybe you could talk to them about wanting to get out more. Have you looked into joining some support groups with people who have similar conditions? You could ask your doctor about it. Also, have you thought about getting involved in volunteer work - a charity volunteer or something like that? Even someone with limited physical capabilities can be assigned tasks in those organizations, and they need all the help they can get. You'd be helping people and socializing at the same time. If your parents are unable to take you to places maybe you could work something out with the organization or use public transportation. If you have money, you could even take a taxi. You sound pretty unhappy and maybe it's time to consider making some changes in your life.

I agree with everthing Soda says. I'm also a "glass half-full" kind of girl.
    I prefer to see what's good rather than dwell too much on what's lacking.
    The fact that you can play a rockin guitar is paramount. A warm, dry bed to sleep in -- fabulous. Two parents that love and support you unconditionally -- priceless. You are computer savvy and have a network of people who care about you -- and not just here on the border. I don't know you well enough to list whatever else you have going for you, but I bet if you give it some thought you could write out a long list. Change is hard but if that's what you need to do to be happy then get crackin young man. We are all here to support you in any way we can. Even small steps eventually get you where you want to go! Rant over.