Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mountain Winery - 9/21/11

Default Re: Mountain Winery - 9/21/11

WOW, that's a great review, Henleyfan! How fabulous that you got so much interaction from Don... and you get to look forward to it all over again, I'm so so jealous (but happy for you ).
    ---------------------------------
    Suzanne

Great review HF! Unlike you, I do not care for brooding Don very much and am always so happy to hear when he's in an exceptionally good mood.

He was in such a good mood when I saw the Eagles last year in Indianapolis that it changed the entire concert experience for me. You can read my review here.

https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/...?t=2753&page=2
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Wow HF. !!!! Sounds like you had a great night. Loved your review, thanks for all the little extra details in there. A happy, chatty Don. Wish he'd do a solo show over in the UK.
    Melanie

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Great review HF!! So happy that Don was happy!!! It does make for a better show when they are playing to the audience, doesn't it!

This part had me chuckling...
    Quote Originally Posted by Henleyfan View Post
    He explained that he was drinking alcohol, "probably tequila because it always makes him stupid".

I probably shouldn't go here but that's never stopped me before. It seems to me that every time someone does a review of the solo shows, they come back and tell us how much fun they were having and that Don, Glenn, etc.... were joking with the audience and having a good time. But when we go to an Eagles show, that's not always the case and in a LOT of the instances, we get very little interaction and we've also complained about being reprimanded for dancing, standing, etc.... Wonder why that is. These guys are obviously able to have a good time performing. Is it the "as a band" thing? Just curious.

Heading over to Henley Heaven to check out the pictures. Thanks much for sharing HF!!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Border Desperado

Henleyfan, your review was spot on - it was a great show. I've seen Don in concert over 20 times either alone or with the Eagles and I must say this is the best mood I have EVER seen him in during a show. Laughing, talking, telling stories....it was great. I loved his Jack Nicholson story, that was funny. I think one of my favorite songs of the night was It Don't Matter to the Sun, it really showed what a great singer he really is...I love that raw quality in his voice, it's very sexy. One of the things I noticed right when he walked out was....no work boots! He was wearing cowboy boots. I was surprised about his footwear. He really did look amazing. I was a little upset with myself cause I forgot my glasses so Don and the whole band were a bit fuzzy but I KNOW he looked amazing. Henleyfan, I hope you don't mind my asking, but do you drive a car with the license plate "HNLYFAN"? There was a car in the parking lot with that license plate and I thought it has to be you.

That was probably Don's car.....
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Thanks for the great review! I hope he keeps the stubble. I like that. I'm getting pretty excited now. One week from today I'm in CA! Can't wait to meet you!
    <a href=http://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/x350/wkc814/Signature%20Banners/fwhugsig-1.jpg target=_blank>http://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/...fwhugsig-1.jpg</a>

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Hf - thank you so much! Your review was wonderful. It was really fun to read that and you can tell how much you enjoyed the show. That is a great set list and love that Don was in such a jovial mood. I would really love to be able to see him on this tour, but there's just no way I can work it out - just too much going on with my job right now. I'm still clinging to a tiny bit of hope that he'll still schedule some East coast dates.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Border Desperado

Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid View Post
    That was probably Don's car.....
    That's too funny

Quote Originally Posted by Woodstock View Post
    Henleyfan, your review was spot on - it was a great show. I've seen Don in concert over 20 times either alone or with the Eagles and I must say this is the best mood I have EVER seen him in during a show. Laughing, talking, telling stories....it was great. I loved his Jack Nicholson story, that was funny. I think one of my favorite songs of the night was It Don't Matter to the Sun, it really showed what a great singer he really is...I love that raw quality in his voice, it's very sexy. One of the things I noticed right when he walked out was....no work boots! He was wearing cowboy boots. I was surprised about his footwear. He really did look amazing. I was a little upset with myself cause I forgot my glasses so Don and the whole band were a bit fuzzy but I KNOW he looked amazing. Henleyfan, I hope you don't mind my asking, but do you drive a car with the license plate "HNLYFAN"? There was a car in the parking lot with that license plate and I thought it has to be you.
    Sadly that wasn't my plate. I would love to have it, but not sure my husband would go along with that.... he puts up with my affection for Don, but I think there is a limit