From the Eagles studio albums, a few favourites that immediately spring to my mind are:

Witchy Woman (original, but I also loved his drumming on the HOTE version)
Doolin-Dalton/Desperado Reprise (absolutely love his parts on the outro)
One Of These Nights
Hollywood Waltz
Hotel California
Life In The Fast Lane
Pretty Maids All In A Row
Those Shoes

These aren't the only ones, but they were the first I thought of. Although not so much for his drums, I really like the tablas-style percussion he does in the middle part of Too Many Hands - I was listening to this a couple of days ago. Hotel California is special to me as it's the only song I've seen him play percussion on live, although I nominated on account of the great drumming on the original.

I'm not really enough of an expert to judge drummers on a technical basis. I can tell that guys like John Bonham, Ginger Baker or Neil Peart from Rush are/were clearly great drummers, but beyond that I simply judge it on. While Don himself will admit he isn't the most technically gifted drummer out there, I don't think he was a weak link for the band. I think he has always had a good feel for what each song requires and he has played quite a few different styles successfully. IIRC I read that the drum sound on the Eagles albums (not necessarily the playing, but the actual sound) was seen as being a gold standard back in the day.