Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Glenn to be Guest at Songwriters Hall of Fame Master Session at NYU

Default Re: Glenn to be Guest at Songwriters Hall of Fame Master Session at NYU

Wow. Just... wow! Despite this being one of our busier times of the year here are work, I started reading from the beginning of this thread and just couldn't stop. So much to read and so much to say... and so much to comment on. But I'll leave that to others.

Thank you to HH and Soda and Va for reporting back and for delivering such great notes! I need to save this thread for future perusal.

So great!

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

I had only been in Niagara Falls 2 months previously so I was never going to make this, but looking back I'm sorry now that I didn't make the effort. It was a fabulous occasion and Soda, HH and VA did a wonderful job reporting on it.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Please, others, feel free to comment! I love to hear new perspectives.

I don't know if I've admitted this elsewhere in this thread but the reason I was able to be so detailed was that I recorded it. How I treasure that recording now, especially since it includes a recording of him playing "It's Your World Now" acoustic - which, despite that little hiccup towards the end, is absolutely beautiful.

He was fascinating to listen to, and I'm so glad I got to go.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

It's so cool that you all got to go to this! And to have a recording.....awesome!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

I came across this link today:

https://www.bmi.com/news/entry/glenn...master_session

I think this is the same event being discussed here. There are a few photos.

(And, even though I shouldn't have, I took the time to read through this thread again... so fantastic! Thanks for the reports from those who were there.)

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Thats amazing - Beautiful pic!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border

I loved reading that thread ! Soda - It is so cool you recorded it ! Now you have that to listen to forever. Wonderful memories for you, HH, and VA to treasure !

Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post
    I loved reading that thread ! Soda - It is so cool you recorded it ! Now you have that to listen to forever. Wonderful memories for you, HH, and VA to treasure !
    Yes - although it's kind of bittersweet listening to the recording of him doing "It's Your World Now" live now. Makes my heart ache a bit.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

I know what you mean, Soda. It's still very hard for me to listen to that song without choking up. Not to be morbid, but I have decided that I want this song played at my funeral.

But, how fortunate we are to have all this wonderful stuff documented so that it can be shared with fans everywhere.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    But, how fortunate we are to have all this wonderful stuff documented so that it can be shared with fans everywhere.
    Hear, hear, Dreamer! I consider the Border a depository of "all things Eagles" -- an invaluable resource!