Quote Originally Posted by Freypower
Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts
I agree that sometimes Glenn gets a bit extreme with regard to self-deprecation and downplaying his contributions and talent. Modesty is a virtue but sometimes it gets a little bit over-the-top. To hear him talk, you'd think nobody wants to listen to him sing - Don's voice is "money" and the unspoken implication is that Glenn's voice isn't on the same level. Meanwhile, Glenn's vocal achievements such as his Grammy-winning lead vocal on "Heartache Tonight" aren't even mentioned. I only hope he knows his true worth in his heart and doesn't really believe that his voice is so inferior to Don's, despite what his words would indicate.
Thank you Soda. You just summed that up perfectly. I hope he doesn't believe that either. His voice will always be Number One for me & the songs he sings with the Eagles will always be my favourites with a couple of exceptions.
Same here, FP! He is my favorite male singer. I adore his voice. It's got such richness, such emotion, such texture... it's not every singer who can get me to fly across the freaking country. His voice can give me chills, bring tears to my eyes, make me smile, make me breathless.

In other words...
Glenn Frey is Made of Awesome!