Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Glenn to be Guest at Songwriters Hall of Fame Master Session at NYU

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Default Re: Glenn to be Guest at Songwriters Hall of Fame Master Session at NYU

Cool HH! Enjoy yourselves and have a wondeful time at NYU tomorrow evening. I'll be dying to hear all about it
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border

Well, that's good. I hope you get some photos. It didn't occur to me that the Atlantic City gig might make this possible.

YOU LUCKY GIRLS....enjoy!

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter View Post
    So who is going? I bet you are all so excited. I can't believe its tomorrow!

Have a wonderful time. I'm sure it will be a very interesting session. Oh and in the unlikely event any of you DO get the chance to talk to Glenn , please tell him the Irish girl from Fallsview said 'Hi'. And that she'll be back!
    I should add to this. In the unlikely event, etc, please tell him the Australian woman he pointed at during Route 66 also said 'Hi' and hopes she will be back too.

Cool that you are going, have fun!
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

I am so disappointed - I was supposed to go up today for the lecture as well, but I had to cancel my plans because I've got too much to do in order to meet a project deadline at work. Sometimes work really sucks!

Oh well - I can't complain (but sometimes I still do) - life's been good to me so far. Anyway, I hope Soda, HH, and VaIsFEL have a great time and I'm anxious to hear all about it!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Awww that's a pity Kay! I'm sure you would have loved to be there! Like me! Still we'll wait with baited breath to hear what it's like!
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Have the any of the Eagles contacted Soda about putting her on the payroll in some capacity or the other? She's basically on the tours with them at this point, it seems anyways, might as well put her to use!

This is freakin' awesome that all of you get to go to this. It's so different from a concert and all. I can't wait to hear about this experience as I sit here in yucky ol' Indiana, smack in the middle of real life, living vicariously through others here on the board! I'm just kidding of course. I really do love my life. Really!!!!!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan
    Have the any of the Eagles contacted Soda about putting her on the payroll in some capacity or the other? She's basically on the tours with them at this point
    I know, Willie! I was actually kind of embarrassed to admit I was going to this but I was in Atlantic City already and HH offered to put me up and... well... I really want to hear Glenn talk about his songwriting. Plus, it happens to be Fall Break at my school for the 16-week semester. It all just seemed to fall into place, y'know? Plus HH and her husband took me on a cruise of the harbor, I got to see the Statue of Liberty and Brooklyn Bridge... I had a little NYC vacation!

I'm going to dress in a suit, slick my hair back (although I'm afraid some curls may defy even the most fearsome gel), and look all professional tonight. I'll be just another academic attending a university lecture - no fangirl squeeing allowed. Glenn probably won't even recognize me!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I was wondering how you managed to wrangle all that time off Soda. Our mid term isn't until next week! It was a stroke of luck getting this week off. I'm glad you are putting it to good use!

You sound like you will look VERY professional indeed. But, ya know what.... I'd be prepared to put money on it.... Glenn WILL recognise you.

It sounds like it will be very interesting indeed. I'll be dying to hear what Glenn has to say about his songwriting. You remember to remember every word, Yeah?
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP