Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Glenn to be Guest at Songwriters Hall of Fame Master Session at NYU

Default Re: Glenn to be Guest at Songwriters Hall of Fame Master Session at NYU

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower
    Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts
    I agree that sometimes Glenn gets a bit extreme with regard to self-deprecation and downplaying his contributions and talent. Modesty is a virtue but sometimes it gets a little bit over-the-top. To hear him talk, you'd think nobody wants to listen to him sing - Don's voice is "money" and the unspoken implication is that Glenn's voice isn't on the same level. Meanwhile, Glenn's vocal achievements such as his Grammy-winning lead vocal on "Heartache Tonight" aren't even mentioned. I only hope he knows his true worth in his heart and doesn't really believe that his voice is so inferior to Don's, despite what his words would indicate.
    Thank you Soda. You just summed that up perfectly. I hope he doesn't believe that either. His voice will always be Number One for me & the songs he sings with the Eagles will always be my favourites with a couple of exceptions.
    Same here, FP! He is my favorite male singer. I adore his voice. It's got such richness, such emotion, such texture... it's not every singer who can get me to fly across the freaking country. His voice can give me chills, bring tears to my eyes, make me smile, make me breathless.

In other words...
    Glenn Frey is Made of Awesome!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

This was just posted on the GFO blog by a guy named Chris:
    "This was the single best discussion on songwriting I have ever attended and someone I met last night agreed. For songwriters out there, it looked like NYU was recording this so it would be worth trying to get a copy.

I always liked the Eagles- this made me like them, and especially Glenn, even more. I think most people think that a band is about sex, drugs, and more drugs, and music. The reality for these guys is it was constant hard work- and they were dedicated.

The other thing is Glenn Fry is a real gentleman, at least it seemed that way to me- I was very impressed. And I spoke with him at the end- what a decent guy; he was nice to everybody who approached him. I doubt he made a ton of money for this, but he imparted more wisdom about songwriting and generally hard work and dedicating yourself to excellence- I wasn't expecting that at all. The Occupy Wall Street crowd could learn a lot from his message, but then again they'd have to want to work- and they'd probably get depressed to find out that a musician works so hard.

Thanks, Glenn, that was memorable."

- Chris
    http://glennfrey.blogspot.com/2011/0...ngwriters.html

Stuck on the Border

Isn't that nice! I wonder if it would be worth trying to get a copy of the recording.

As for your previous post Soda, as you know I flew across the world to see him, he is the only singer I would do that for, and he knows it.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

So he did meet with people afterwards. I wondered if he would, it seemed to be the kind of atmosphere where that would be an option. Guess I should have stuck around longer...
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Border Desperado

Thanks to everyone for doing this. Glenn's detail on writing these songs is just amazing. Especially enjoyed his telling of "Hotel California". I had heard some of it before, but this was great. Glad everyone's memories are so sharp. This is the kind of thing that needs to be part of their 40th anniversary Dvd.

Jack Tempchin shared this on Facebook:

http://songhall.org/news/entry/1283

It has photos!

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    So he did meet with people afterwards. I wondered if he would, it seemed to be the kind of atmosphere where that would be an option. Guess I should have stuck around longer...
    I guess folks just approached him informally after he came outside or something like that.

Hey! Looks like he's wearing the same outfit as the first night at Niagara Falls!

Love the air guitar pic!

Stuck on the Border

Oh, WOW!!! How wonderful!

Love the one with Jimmy Webb & is the first one In Charge, or not? And yes, that is the Niagara Falls tie at least.

GREAT! Love the photos!
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)