Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Glenn to be Guest at Songwriters Hall of Fame Master Session at NYU

Stuck on the Border Henley Honey's Avatar

Default Re: Glenn to be Guest at Songwriters Hall of Fame Master Session at NYU

I thought I'd revive this thread on the two year anniversary of Glenn's NYU lecture. Soda, Va and I were fortunate enough to attend and it was an evening we will never forget. If you haven't read through this thread, you should make some time to do so. It describes Glenn's insightful and personal account of his songwriting technique and progression throughout his career.

It was a once-in-a-lifetime experience that I'll never forget -- plus it was the first time Soda or I had met VA. How time does fly!!

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

I wish I would have known everybody then cause I would have SO been there for this. What a special night! It would have been amazing to hear Glenn talk about songwriting!
    And if I remember the postings correctly, Glenn's mom was there?
    I am totally pea green with envy!!

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

My memories of this event were that jahh and I had gone to the Borgata a few days before to see joe walsh w bb king to celebrate our anniversary and that was the first time we met soda, dreamer and hh and her dh and we all went out after the show for dessert and drinks and this event was the talk of the table...(besides the show of course).Hard to believe that it was two years ago ...just a great band and a great group o f people talking bout this awesome event coming up ...

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Henley Honey View Post
    It was a once-in-a-lifetime experience that I'll never forget -- plus it was the first time Soda or I had met VA. How time does fly!!
    HH has been trying to get rid of me ever since!!
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Thanks for reviving this thread, HH. BUT - I have to say that you almost gave me a heart attack when I saw this ... I thought, OMG, Glenn's coming back to NYU for another guest appearance and NOTHING will keep me away this time. So when I read your post, I have to admit that I was mildly disappointed. However, once I snapped back to reality, I enjoyed your reminiscing. I will never get over that I missed this, but I have to agree that you all gave such incredible details of Glenn's Q&A that I almost felt like I was there. I am very grateful to you all for that and would agree that this thread is very interesting stuff for any fan. You won't be sorry if you take the time to read it.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border Henley Honey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    Thanks for reviving this thread, HH. BUT - I have to say that you almost gave me a heart attack when I saw this ... I thought, OMG, Glenn's coming back to NYU for another guest appearance and NOTHING will keep me away this time. So when I read your post, I have to admit that I was mildly disappointed. However, once I snapped back to reality, I enjoyed your reminiscing. I will never get over that I missed this, but I have to agree that you all gave such incredible details of Glenn's Q&A that I almost felt like I was there. I am very grateful to you all for that and would agree that this thread is very interesting stuff for any fan. You won't be sorry if you take the time to read it.
    Sorry, Dreamer!!! But if he were coming back I'd be right there with you!
    Detailing the event for the board was a labor of love! It was my pleasure.

What a great thread. I learned so much from Glenn.

Isn't it interested that what Glenn said at this session is also what he said in the documentary. Who would had thought he would say this same thing 2 years.

Thanks ladies for sharing experience with us. I know I'm years late, but thanks for bumping this post back up to the front for the 2nd year anniversary.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    What a great thread. I learned so much from Glenn.

Isn't it interested that what Glenn said at this session is also what he said in the documentary. Who would had thought he would say this same thing 2 years.

Thanks ladies for sharing experience with us. I know I'm years late, but thanks for bumping this post back up to the front for the 2nd year anniversary.
    He has a habit of repeating things on several occasions & I am not just talking about his jokes during concerts. For example when he was doing the After Hours interviews he always talked about piano singing as opposed to guitar singing. He made the same comments more than once. So whatever he said at this event that he repeated in HOTE, it would be no surprise that he did.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Soda sent me a text earlier (I was kinda busy at a hockey game and then the long ride home) that today (I guess it's now technically yesterday) was the three year anniversary of Glenn's appearance at the Songwriters Hall of Fame Master Session at NYU. Besides having the excellent opportunity to hear my favorite musician talk about songwriting, I met Soda and HH that night. It doesn't seem like it's been that long since that night, because I still remember it like it was yesterday!
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Ah yes ... Regrets? I've had a few and missing this seminar is certainly one of them! However, I must say the amazing detailed recaps of this that the three of you gave us certainly helped take some of the sting out of not being there. Many thanks to you for that!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016