Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles Song Survivor: Desperado

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Eagles Song Survivor: Desperado

Time for our next Song Survivor! Our album this time will be Desperado. If you're new, for a basic overview of the game, see this post: Survivor Overview

I'm going to list the songs of Desperado here. Vote for the song that you feel should be eliminated from the list. The song that gets the most votes will be taken off of the list (or, in the language of Survivor, "Voted off of the island.") Each round, one more song will get axed, until there's only one left. Remember: you're voting for your LEAST favorite, not your favorite.

Each round will last 48 hours after posting to give people a chance to vote who don't post every day. That means that the first round will end at 8:00 Eastern time the day after tomorrow. If you miss a round, don't think you can't play. It's all good!

Since there may be discussion posts, be sure to make it clear when you are casting your vote. Votes cannot be cast after the cut off time of 8:00 on the second day, and they cannot be changed once you have voted.

If you get confused about what round we are in, look at this post. I'll always update it to reflect the current round. Also feel free to post any questions if you don't understand what's going on.

If there is a tiebreaker, then ALL votes from ALL previous rounds are tallied and whoever has the most prior votes is eliminated. That’s the way it’s done on the real show, that’s the way it’s done here. If there is a complete tie with prior votes (Murphy’s Law), then I'll have a sudden-death trivia question ready. The first person who answers it correctly gets to break the tie. The odds of that happening are slim, but you never know, and it's good to be prepared.

We have finished the game. Thanks for playing!

And the winner of Desperado Survivor is:
    DESPERADO!

Songs voted off:
    Bitter Creek 03/28
    Twenty-One 03/30
    Outlaw Man 04/01
    Certain Kind of Fool 04/03
    Saturday Night 04/05
    Doolin-Dalton / Desperado Reprise 04/07
    Doolin-Dalton 04/09
    Out of Control 04/11
    Tequila Sunrise 4/13

Game over!

Default Round One - Bitter Creek

This is going to be painful for me - I like every single song on this album. I guess to start off I'll go for Bitter Creek, because although I like the song, I find the peyote line weird.

I cast my vote for Bitter Creek.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

So many choices.....

I find the song Out of Control hard to concertrate on as there is just too much going on. The instrumentation overwhelms the vocals at times which is a major distraction.

I cast my vote for Out of Control

I cast my vote for Out Of Control
    So goodbye rodeo, it's a long funny way for a man to go...

Stuck on the Border

I worship Out Of Control, probably to nobody's surprise!

My least favourite track on this album is Saturday Night, which I know many people love. I know it fits in with the album theme of disilllusion but it's a bit cloying for me.

I cast my vote for Saturday Night.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Oh my goodness - this is going to be the hardest survivor game for me yet because I absolutely love this album. I don't think there is a bad song on it, and it is going to be really hard to vote any of them off. I especially love Out of Control. I think it is a wonderful song that totally rocks and I hope it doesn't go down so soon. So, if I have to pick, I guess ...

I cast my vote for Bitter Creek.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

I think Out of Control rocks, too, so I also cast my vote for Bitter Creek.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Wow, this is gonna be a tough one for me cause this is my most favorite album! Just off the top of my head, I wouldn't have guessed that, but, after listening to it again (for the millionth time) it is!

The only song I don't really care for is Bitter Creek and I can get through it without skipping it.

So, there it is! I cast my vote for Bitter Creek![/i]
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Where's the Bernie-love, y'all????

I can't even imagine voting against one of these songs. I just love this album. Sigh......

I'll have to get back to you on this.

Stuck on the Border EasyFeeling's Avatar

Me too but for some other reason. I'm not familiar with this album only with the songs Desperado and TS. So I need to listen to them again.