Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Don Henley Murphy's CA Oct 1, 2011

Default Re: Don Henley Murphy's CA Oct 1, 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Henleyfan View Post
    I keep telling him that it is only stalking if Don complains
    <a href=http://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/x350/wkc814/Signature%20Banners/fwhugsig-1.jpg target=_blank>http://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/...fwhugsig-1.jpg</a>

Default Re: Don Henley in Murphys, CA on Oct. 1, 2011

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Judy, what a shame Don's voice wasn't quite up to par, but I'm glad you had fun nonetheless. Perhaps there was something else going on that caused them to act disturbed. The absence of the backup singers and horns remains a mystery.
    I actually don't think Don's voice sounded bad. It was a little more gritty, but not to the point where it was bad. I agree with Judy that the long note at the end of Desperado was not as strong as usual, but he was hitting the high notes great and except for a little more grit he sounded good. I don't feel like he was straining during any of the songs.

After one song someone in the audience yelled something about it being great and Don replied "not great. Good, but not great. It isn't up to my standards, but it will get better".

Don has always said that the concert depends on the amount of sleep he gets the night before, so maybe he was just tired. Of course I am not sure what happened to the horns and backup singers. But to be honest I never thought the backup singers added value.

Default Re: Don Henley in Murphys, CA on Oct. 1, 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Henleyfan View Post
    I actually don't think Don's voice sounded bad. It was a little more gritty, but not to the point where it was bad. I agree with Judy that the long note at the end of Desperado was not as strong as usual, but he was hitting the high notes great and except for a little more grit he sounded good. I don't feel like he was straining during any of the songs.

After one song someone in the audience yelled something about it being great and Don replied "not great. Good, but not great. It isn't up to my standards, but it will get better".

Don has always said that the concert depends on the amount of sleep he gets the night before, so maybe he was just tired. Of course I am not sure what happened to the horns and backup singers. But to be honest I never thought the backup singers added value.
    I thought he looked tired so maybe he was. I am extra critical of his voice if it's not perfect. If you thought it wasn't bad & that's the worst I've heard him, I really have been lucky. I didn't miss the horns & other singers either. I like just him & the guys. I loved the pants he had on. They didn't look like jeans. I wish I knew what they were. I don't think I said - he is way thinner than he looks on YouTube. Now that I've seen him I can see how much different he looks in person. He does look a little thinner on YouTube too. He sure sounded good in One of These Nights & Desperado. The rest were gone by the time I got to them. Can anyone send them to me? I use AOL and they support 25MB download per e-mail. Is there another browser that supports more? I wonder if my Comcast does.
    <a href=http://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/x350/wkc814/Signature%20Banners/fwhugsig-1.jpg target=_blank>http://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/...fwhugsig-1.jpg</a>

Wasn't sure where to post the picture of Will I took for Steph, so thought I would put it here... Sorry it is a little grainy

Good photo, I think Steph will love it!
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)

Oh yes, I do indeed love it. It's a great photo. Isn't he just such a cutie? Thanks HenleyFan.

Quote Originally Posted by StephUK View Post
    Oh yes, I do indeed love it. It's a great photo. Isn't he just such a cutie? Thanks HenleyFan.
    He is definitely a cutie! He is one of my favorites, second only to Don