Page 25 of 31 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Press and Discussion about Felder's New Album "Road to Forever"

Default Re: Press and Discussion about Felder's New Album "Road to Forever"

Another nice aticle on Don Felder & the new album

http://mmusicmag.com/m/2012/11/don-felder/

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

side note,
    yesterday in the mail arrived the flyer for the month of nov and dec (hey the month is half gone) for the golden nugget with an advertisment for the fomer eagle DOn Felder a night at the hotel calif.
    NO menton of his new cd....just what he persieves as his greatedst achievment.

TT: Don doesn't write the articles or the promos, so whatever they write up or mention is the author, not Don Felder. So it is their perception of his achievements.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

I believe it is customary for artists or their agents to provide a brief bio when they sign on to play at a venue to be used for promotional advertising of the event.

ETA: Actually, after I posted this, I remembered seeing the site of a booking agent for Felder before, so I did a web search and came up with these ...

http://delafont.com/music_acts/don-felder.htm

http://www.celebritytalent.net/sampl...f-the-eagles)/
    Last edited by Ive always been a dreamer; 11-21-2012 at 12:33 PM.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Well those Bio's were obviously done before Don finished & released the new album because one mentions that he was working on a new album, & the other says nothing about it, so they are a little outdated.

If the venue mentions the new album or not, I doubt that Don really has much say as to what is run in the ad for his show. Artists don't see everything written for the show & it's most likely done without his approval.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

TK – I think you are missing my point and are twisting my words. Your first post said …

Quote Originally Posted by Topkat View Post
    TT: Don doesn't write the articles or the promos, so whatever they write up or mention is the author, not Don Felder. So it is their perception of his achievements.
    The artist or the booking agent they employ do normally provide the profile information that is used in writing the marketing and advertising material about the artist for a show. While the promoter actually writes and publishes these materials, any attempt by them to change the profile would be unethical at best.

Well those Bio's were obviously done before Don finished & released the new album because one mentions that he was working on a new album, & the other says nothing about it, so they are a little outdated.
    That may be the case, but that was not what your original post said and not what I was responding to. In any event, it is the still the ultimate responsibility of the artist to ensure that their personal information is accurate.

If the venue mentions the new album or not, I doubt that Don really has much say as to what is run in the ad for his show. Artists don't see everything written for the show & it's most likely done without his approval.
    … or not. I'm not sure what your source of information is, but I have it on very good authority that this is not the standard practice. If the artist chooses not to provide a bio profile or not to approve the materials, then that is their prerogative. However, that does not mean they aren’t responsible for incorrect or misleading information in the promotional materials.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    TK – I think you are missing my point and are twisting my words. Your first post said …

The artist or the booking agent they employ do normally provide the profile information that is used in writing the marketing and advertising material about the artist for a show. While the promoter actually writes and publishes these materials, any attempt by them to change the profile would be unethical at best.

That may be the case, but that was not what your original post said and not what I was responding to. In any event, it is the still the ultimate responsibility of the artist to ensure that their personal information is accurate.

… or not. I'm not sure what your source of information is, but I have it on very good authority that this is not the standard practice. If the artist chooses not to provide a bio profile or not to approve the materials, then that is their prerogative. However, that does not mean they aren’t responsible for incorrect or misleading information in the promotional materials.
    VA: I don't see how an artist can possibly be responsible for what others write about them??? That is just not possible. Writers write about artists all the time & not everything is accurate.
    Weren't we just discussing how the Vegas writer was tooting a 30 song, 3 hour Eagles set in Vegas, which is also totally not true?

I don't even know what this debate is even about anymore... that Felder's new album isn't mentioned in his promos for his shows??? It's not such a big deal. I don't see that the information was inaccurate?

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Personally, I think it's different with each thing you read. The venues tend to publish what's handed to them by the booking agent, but even so I know that's not 100%. Ruth Eckherd Hall had our own glennfreyonline.com as his official website until I sent several emails directing them to the real official site. What newspapers publish as promotion, I'm not sure who provides that, the booking agent or the venue, and it could be different depending on how the artist is getting paid (flat fee or percentage of the 'door') At any rate, those are often incorrect as they list songs that won't be sung at all (it's one thing to say the artist is known for a song, but some are worded as 'songs you'll hear').

It all comes down to there's what the artist may or may not want out there, and the level of details they feel they need to approve. After that, it's merely someone's job and I've been disappointed at the huge number of errors I've seen in promotions, reviews, and actual 'journalism' articles for all artists.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    Personally, I think it's different with each thing you read. The venues tend to publish what's handed to them by the booking agent, but even so I know that's not 100%. Ruth Eckherd Hall had our own glennfreyonline.com as his official website until I sent several emails directing them to the real official site. What newspapers publish as promotion, I'm not sure who provides that, the booking agent or the venue, and it could be different depending on how the artist is getting paid (flat fee or percentage of the 'door') At any rate, those are often incorrect as they list songs that won't be sung at all (it's one thing to say the artist is known for a song, but some are worded as 'songs you'll hear').

It all comes down to there's what the artist may or may not want out there, and the level of details they feel they need to approve. After that, it's merely someone's job and I've been disappointed at the huge number of errors I've seen in promotions, reviews, and actual 'journalism' articles for all artists.
    We just saw that in the article about Glenn's New Zealand shows. 'Songs you'll hear' included Hotel California, Life In The Fast Lane & Witchy Woman.

Also the Felder situation involves promotional material so it is not just 'a writer'. Promotional material as others have pointed out has to have at least some degree of cooperation & knowledge from the artist.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Of course, what's hard to get past is that the promotional material was sent out the week after the show...
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.