Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Press and Discussion about Felder's New Album "Road to Forever"

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Don's New Single

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowland07 View Post
    http://ultimateclassicrock.com/don-f...grace-of-love/

I can honestly see the Eagles do this song. What do you guys think?
    I know what you are trying to say here, but I am not sure that it's helpful to instantly compare Felder's new song with the Eagles and ask if the Eagles could do it, when we all know that will never happen. However to answer your question, it isn't dissimilar to the band's sound and it could be adapted.

My honest opinion, however, is one of disappointment. It plodded along, and frankly his vocals are still not great. I also think Road To Forever is not a particlarly insipired album title.

Please believe me when I say I approached this with an open mind and was not trying to be 'anti-Felder' when I listened to it. I will be buying this album, but I am not impressed with this song.

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Felder's New Album

OK, to counter what I said elsewhere, I like the cover.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    I know what you are trying to say here, but I am not sure that it's helpful to instantly compare Felder's new song with the Eagles and ask if the Eagles could do it, when we all know that will never happen. However to answer your question, it isn't dissimilar to the band's sound and it could be adapted.

My honest opinion, however, is one of disappoitment. It plodded along, and frankly his vocals are still not great. I also think Road To Forever is not a particlarly insipired album title.

Please believe me when I say I approached this with an open mind and was not trying to be 'anti-Felder' when I listened to it. I will be buying this album, but I am not impressed with this song.
    That's not what I'm saying at all. I meant that it had an Eagles feel to it. I didn't mean for my comment to come off as comparing it to the Eagles or implying that they would do it. It just has a strong Eagles sound to it, almost as if he's playing it safe.

Stuck on the Border

That's not what I'm saying at all. I meant that it had an Eagles feel to it. I didn't mean for my comment to come off as comparing it to the Eagles or implying that they would do it. It just has a strong Eagles sound to it, almost as if he's playing it safe.
    I know you meant it has a strong Eagles sound, but your words were 'I can see the Eagles doing it'.

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

Thanks for the info.

While Hotel California is one of my favorite Eagles songs,

I can now see why Don H and Glenn were the lead vocals for the group.

Again thanks for sharing

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    I know you meant it has a strong Eagles sound, but your words were 'I can see the Eagles doing it'.
    Yeah I know, but I meant like I could see them playing the song had Felder not been fired. But we all know that would never happen. Sorry for misleading.

Stuck on the Border

Yeah I know, but I meant like I could see them playing the song had Felder not been fired. But we all know that would never happen. Sorry for misleading.
    That's how I understood your post.

I definitely do see the Eagles influence on this song. I love the strong harmonies here, and Don's guitar work. Don has never really been known as a great vocalist, more as a guitarist, but I think his adding some great singers like CSN and the others will help these songs. I'm interested to hear more.

Agree with you TK, he is not a singer but wow, he ain't called Fingers for nothing! Good luck to him, he's worked very hard on it.
    I See what You see...

Border Desperado RebeccaLovesEagles's Avatar

The new single is growing on me the more I listen to it. It weird about the vocals though, they were ok but when I saw him live in 2010 he rocked the vocals and I was blown away. We all know his guitar work was awesome!! I wonder if he is just a better live performer or if he didn't have a good recorder or mixer. I just wondering about such a difference in voice.

You know you have some delicious bugs here about on the Mississippi... Extra Protein thank you very much!!!!-Don Henley- At the St. Louis, MO concert June 2010.