Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tulsa, OK 10-14-11

Default Re: Tulsa, OK 10-14-11

Quote Originally Posted by Henleyfan View Post
    Found this review from the concert in Tulsa. The best part of the review was when Don said he would like to include "It Don't Matter to the Sun" on his country album. I WOULD LOVE THAT!!!

http://www.tulsatoday.com/index.php?...out&Itemid=111
    Steph - check out the photos in this link. Quite a few with Will, though he looks a bit fierce in a couple of them.

Stuck on the Border

Don's fans are very lucky to have all these photos. I wish Glenn would play somewhere where photography is allowed. I suppose I should be even more grateful that I took all those photos last December.

That's a BIG horn section. The Eagles only use four & Glenn when he used more than one person only used four.

That photo is so, so gorgeous! Good job, Jess.

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

Stunning photo, Jess! Looking forward to hearing & seeing more when you get a chance.
    ---------------------------------
    Suzanne

Soda and I went over some things and she's gonna do a proper write up of this show but I thought I'd go ahead and do a quick post of a few of my thoughts. This was my fourth Don Henley solo concert and I think this one was my favorite one of all. Don was in fine form all around. He sounded great and looked fantastic. I loved that he seemed relaxed and chatty. Going into this show I knew what to expect regarding the setlist but being there and seeing/hearing those songs performed live was much more exciting then I expected. It Don't Matter To The Sun was absolutely breathtaking. I'm so glad he did this song because on the setlist that Soda got this song was listed as an "Audible". I hope he includes it on his upcoming country album because his version is so beautiful. The whole world should get the chance to hear him sing it.

HOTM has always been my favorite of his solo songs but this time around, for me, it was extra special to hear it live and I'll admit that I got a little choked up and teary eyed when he sang it. He can't go wrong when singing this song live. Beautiful, just beautiful. I didn't realize til after the concert that Don didn't do Witchy Woman. I was a little surprised by this because I'm pretty sure that he did that song at his other solo concerts I've been to. I was having such a great time that when the band came back out and started into Hotel California I was a surprised that I had forgotten all about this song. It was a very pleasant surprise tho.

There were many difficulties for me leading up to this concert but nothing was stopping me from getting there. I made it to the concert and enjoyed every single moment. This concert was AMAZING!! I'm so thankful that Don came back to Oklahoma to do this show. He is more than welcome to come back again and again.

I'll post some of my favorites of the pics I took. Here's the link to rest of them. Steph, there's a few of Will in there for you too.

~Jess~

Stranded "on a corner in Winslow, Arizona
    Such a fine sight to see."

Take a good look at this next one. You can actually see the sweat dripping down.
    ~Jess~

Stranded "on a corner in Winslow, Arizona
    Such a fine sight to see."

Border Desperado

Thanks for sharing the pictures. DON LOOKS FANTASTIC!. I'm going to have to take another look at those.

GAH! I have no words... They are incredible photos, Jess, and he looks absolutely drop-dead gorgeous. I can't even pick a favourite! Thank you so much for coming through yet again with amazing pictures!

PS: The sweat was the first thing I noticed. Sigh!

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

Wow. Just WOW. I haven't even clicked the link to the rest of your photos yet and I'm totally blown away. Thanks so much for posting these so fast, Peek!
    ---------------------------------
    Suzanne

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

WOW!! Just WOW!!! Those are some of the most gorgeous pictures I have ever seen. Were you on the freaking stage with him? They are so clear and close up!! Thank you!!!

ETA: Just looked at the others you linked to!!! Steph is gonna LOOOOOOVE you!!!
    He sings it high, he plays it low