Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Celebration of One More Song

Default Re: Celebration of One More Song

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Missed out on this earlier! I think this is Randy's best album. Here is my list, from most favorite to least favorite:

1. Gotta Get Away - beautiful and moving; love the part that goes "this time in my life..."

2. Deep Inside My Heart - I always liked Kim Carnes back in the 80s and she sounds great with Randy on this one; plus, I love the driving beat

3. Hearts on Fire - catchy; love the "runnin' like a ragin' river" part

4. Come on Back to Me - another catchy one; love the "you need someone who really loves you" part

5. I Need You Bad - a nice soft song; like the sax

6. One More Song - a little on the maudlin side, but still good. It made me think of the Eagles.

7. Trouble Ahead - a little too "adult contemporary" for my tastes but not bad.

8. White Shoes - cute idea but the song isn't as interesting as the others on the album.

9. Anyway Bye Bye - downright boring.

I see the bottom half of my list is the same as whitcap's!
    Soda, do you mind if I copy your words "Missed out on this earlier! " here as I am really sorry I missed the best time to say Congratulations!
    Thanks for your list. Coincidently, the only 3 songs from this album I ever heard rank, from most favorite to least favorite, exactly as your Top 3 ~~~ Once again, it's amazing to find you love "this time in my life..." part of the song "Gotta Get Away" most! Oh, what a sweet sweet smile Randy smiles when he sings this !

I listen to this album Daily on spotify! Excellent body of work by our Nebraska boy!

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Happy 35th Anniversary to One More Song!

Unbelievable that it's that old. Hearts on Fire is my favorite Randy solo song!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Smile Re: Celebration of One More Song

CONGRATS, Randy!! Love Hearts on Fire!

I do love this album so very much!!! One of my favvie albums by our Randy!!! I wish he were still singing with the Eagles as well!!!
    Don't Close Your Heart

Happy (Belated) Anniversary to ONE MORE SONG!

It peaked on the Billboard 200 album chart at #50 in 1980 and featured 2 top 40 singles: "Hearts on Fire" and "Deep Inside My Heart"-- not too shabby for Mr. Shy Guy!

My favorites are the two hits and "Gotta Get Away", although I enjoy all of them. At first, I didn't care much for "Anyway Bye Bye" and "White Shoes" (couldn't get the image out of my mind of Cousin Eddie's gift to Chevy Chase in Christmas Vacation), but now I really appreciate them. I would so love to hear Randy's original version of "Anyway Bye Bye" performed live at The Troubadour when he was in Poco.

Love this album!

Happy Belated Anniversary to ONE MORE SONG as well!!

My favorites are Gotta Get Away and Come On Back To Me, but I really enjoy the whole album. I listen to Randy's solo work daily!

Just can not get enough of Randy Meisner!!!

Happy 37th Anniversary To One More Song!!

Here’s a blurb in Billboard’s “New in the Charts” column featuring “Deep Inside My Heart” which is one of the album’s hit singles.

To most of the public, Meisner represents the classic case of being heard but not seen. He has worked in such groundbreaking country-rock outfits as Poco and Rick Nelson’s Stone Canyon Band. As part of the high-flying Eagles, he provided lead vocals as well as songwriting skills which he proved by writing the chart-topping “Take It to the Limit.”
    This new single, from his fresh Epic album “One More Song,” could make Meisner a solo quantity. Besides featuring an uptempo, finger-snapping mood the song boasts the talents of Kim Carnes, who assists on vocals.
    The new album is an outgrowth of his first solo LP on Asylum which the artist described as a “revelation” into the ways of making a record. With those first time mistakes behind him, and after some time spent in self-examination in his hometown of Scottsbluff, Neb., Meisner began work on the new album.
    It features producer Val Garay and writer Eric Kaz who co-wrote songs with Meisner. Helping out Meisner are the Silverados: Don Francisco, percussion; Bryan Garafalo, bass; Craig Hull, guitars, pedal steel; Craig Krampf, drums and Sterling Smith, keyboards.
    ”Randy Meisner-Deep Inside My Heart”, Billboard, October 25, 1980
    Last edited by Delilah; 10-18-2017 at 03:38 PM. Reason: Correct spelling errors made before coffee was properly imbibed

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Delilah, thank you! You are brilliant. I wonder if his booker at the time, John Marx, was any relation to Richard Marx.

Happy Anniversary to One More Song!

Another great find, Delilah!

OT: Did anyone else scroll down a few pages on the Billboard link and see the top grossing tours for the week and the prices for tickets? I believe the most expensive ticket was $13.50, could you imagine those prices today...