Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: How should the Eagles revamp the setlist for their 40th Anniversary?

Default Re: How should the Eagles revamp the setlist for their 40th Anniversary?

I hear what you're all saying - as I said that's what I wanted, for you to tell me your thoughts on the idea. If Timothy feels that way then enough said.

I know many of you will disagree with me but I'd like the set list for the 40th Anniversary Tour to be more EAGLES and less solo songs. Not that I don't like the solo songs, far from it: and I'm not saying drop ALL of the solo songs but maybe 1 each is enough. Then they can get some more Eagles songs in (we have to bear in mind that they have been reducing the length of the shows recently).

I'd also like more from LROOE in the set, bring back WITW, LROOE and Somebody, and a couple more.

As I said before, Timothy doesn't have as many older songs to call on as the others, but yes, I agree he should do about 3.

I'm sure whatever happens they won't be able to please all of us!

Default Re: How should the Eagles revamp the setlist for their 40th Anniversary?

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    What happened to LWKUA is the same as what happened to No More Cloudy Days & Waiting In The Weeds. The entire acoustic segment has been dropped.

I take it you are not a fan of Do Something, which is one of my favourite tracks on LROOE.
    It is upsetting that the acoustic set was dropped, but we are talking about a revamp for the 40 year anniversary tour. They need to bring that stuff back! I love WITW also. Its just that LWKUA is the only other song TBS sang. If TALA is not possible, then I'm just trying to think of other songs for TBS. Like I said to have him do 1 song is practically criminal! I am not really a fan of Do Something. I would rather something else.....ANYTHING, just give TBS a song to sing!!! PLEASE

Hopefully with what Glenn has said about a possible History of Eagles tour in 2013 a good number of the acoustic songs will return to the set. I do think if they do a "History of the Eagles Tour" LWKUA will be included as I believe it was the biggest hit from HFO.

This is the kind of set list I'd like; I know it's 31 songs which is a long show, but we are talking 'wish lists' here.
    It's not definitive, it depends how I'm feeling are the time I write it - if I wrote it again sometime I might change a song or two - who knows. But basically I think it shows that I'd like a 'bit of everything', accoustic, harmony, instrumental, rockin', solo songs and the good old sing-along hits.

1. Take it Easy
    2. Heartache Tonight
    3. Witchy Woman
    4. Do Something
    5. On the Border
    6. Guilty of the Crime
    7. Dirty Laundry

8. LROOE
    9. I dreamed there was no war
    10. Center of the Universe
    11. Love will keep us alive
    12. Lyin’ Eyes
    13. You never cry like a Lover
    14. All she wants to do is dance

15. Life’s been good
    16. Try and Love again
    17. I don’t want to hear anymore
    18. On the Border
    19. Take it to the Limit

20. Tequila Sunrise
    21. Waiting in the Weeds
    22. Somebody
    23. Best of my Love
    24. In the City
    25. Life in the Fast Lane
    26. Already Gone

1st encore
    27. Hotel California
    28. Walk Away
    29. Doolin’ Dalton/Desperado reprise

2nd encore
    30. The Sad Cafe
    31. Peaceful Easy Feeling

The one thing I can say is that I DO NOT want to hear DESPERADO as the final encore song! That has been done to death already....
    Take It Easy should be the final song, as it was their very first hit!
    As for Sad Cafe, that is not an encore song in my book. I don't mind it in the show, but not the encore. Just MHO

Quote Originally Posted by Topkat View Post
    The one thing I can say is that I DO NOT want to hear DESPERADO as the final encore song! That has been done to death already....
    Take It Easy should be the final song, as it was their very first hit!
    As for Sad Cafe, that is not an encore song in my book. I don't mind it in the show, but not the encore. Just MHO
    I don't feel at all qualified to talk about how they should revamp the setlist having only seen them once(can't believe I can say that now), but I do like the idea of Take It Easy being last...very fitting I think...and of course more TBS in the show...otherwise I love anything they want to sing for me!

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StephUK View Post
    I know many of you will disagree with me but I'd like the set list for the 40th Anniversary Tour to be more EAGLES and less solo songs. Not that I don't like the solo songs, far from it: and I'm not saying drop ALL of the solo songs but maybe 1 each is enough. Then they can get some more Eagles songs in (we have to bear in mind that they have been reducing the length of the shows recently).
    Actually Steph, I believe there's a lot of us here that totally agree with you. I've said it often, it's an Eagles concert, I want to hear Eagles music. It's not like there's not much to choose from for goodness sake. And I'll say it again, with the current setlist, I will not be seeing them again. I pay for an Eagles concert, not a Don Henley and Joe Walsh show. I love their music but wish to see them solo at their own shows. Sorry if it sounds harsh but you asked.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

I agree in theory but to be fair with regard to Joe, he only has four Eagles songs to his name, only two of which are rockers which is what they want from him (although I wish they'd bring back the beautiful "Pretty Maids"). Plus, "Life's Been Good" appeared on Eagles Live so you could argue it's an Eagles song (the same is true for "All Night Long," though they don't play that).

As for Don, yeah, they can get rid of all his solo stuff. They've got plenty of Eagles material to choose from there.

I agree it's gotten out of control when solo songs make up 30% of the setlist.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I agree in theory but to be fair with regard to Joe, he only has four Eagles songs to his name, only two of which are rockers which is what they want from him (although I wish they'd bring back the beautiful "Pretty Maids"). Plus, "Life's Been Good" appeared on Eagles Live so you could argue it's an Eagles song (the same is true for "All Night Long," though they don't play that).

As for Don, yeah, they can get rid of all his solo stuff. They've got plenty of Eagles material to choose from there.

I agree it's gotten out of control when solo songs make up 30% of the setlist.
    And Timothy only has 4 (2 that people actually know). Granted they're not rockers but if we're using the logic that because Joe doesn't have many Eagles songs he sings, he's being given solo songs to sing, then I believe Timothy is due a few also. I'm not trying to be snarky but he's as much of an Eagle as Joe and should be treated as so. Hate to sound like a broken record, but I'm freaking tired of the disrespect for him. But if he doesn't seem to care, why should I, huh?

As for Life's Been Good, even tho it was played on Eagles Live, I still remember it from a couple years before that off of But Seriously, Folks... and I loved it then.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

I understand your frustration, Willie, but I was talking about why there are so many Joe solo songs in the set, not why he has more songs than Tim. That's a whole 'nother can of worms!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten