Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: How should the Eagles revamp the setlist for their 40th Anniversary?

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Default Re: How should the Eagles revamp the setlist for their 40th Anniversary?

I'm afraid I'm not understanding then. If we are adding Joe solo songs because there isn't enough Joe Eagles songs, how is that different that Timothy and why aren't his solo songs being added also? Am I being dense?
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Default Re: How should the Eagles revamp the setlist for their 40th Anniversary?

No, you're not dense, you're just missing my point, which was that it might be difficult to drop Joe's solo songs from the setlist when revamping it.

But who says we have to stick to that subject? Let's talk about Tim!

Tim's solo songs don't get added because nobody knows them. Perhaps they could work in the better-known Poco song "Keep on Tryin'" as they've done in the past. However, if that happens, won't we be getting further away from the goal of keeping this an Eagles show and not a show full of solo material?

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post

Tim's solo songs don't get added because nobody knows them.
    I'm only one person and can only spread the word so far!!!

Seriously, I guess I understand and I'd rather not see anyone's, including Timothy's, solo songs in the set list (or if we just HAVE to have them, then limited and equal between all MEMBERS of the band.)

I guess what I was trying to say is that the way it stands, with so many solo songs in the set, I think they all should get solo songs, including Timothy & Glenn. I know there'd be a chance we might lose the audience for awhile when Timothy sings them because no one knows them but I choose to believe the opposite, he might gain a few solo fans once they hear them. Let's face it, most Eagles fans like ICTYW or it wouldn't be one of their biggest hits, maybe given a chance, people would like his voice on other stuff. Just dreaming, I guess.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    Actually Steph, I believe there's a lot of us here that totally agree with you. I've said it often, it's an Eagles concert, I want to hear Eagles music. It's not like there's not much to choose from for goodness sake. And I'll say it again, with the current setlist, I will not be seeing them again. I pay for an Eagles concert, not a Don Henley and Joe Walsh show. I love their music but wish to see them solo at their own shows. Sorry if it sounds harsh but you asked.
    totally agree with less solo stuff

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    I'm only one person and can only spread the word so far!!!

Seriously, I guess I understand and I'd rather not see anyone's, including Timothy's, solo songs in the set list (or if we just HAVE to have them, then limited and equal between all MEMBERS of the band.)

I guess what I was trying to say is that the way it stands, with so many solo songs in the set, I think they all should get solo songs, including Timothy & Glenn. I know there'd be a chance we might lose the audience for awhile when Timothy sings them because no one knows them but I choose to believe the opposite, he might gain a few solo fans once they hear them. Let's face it, most Eagles fans like ICTYW or it wouldn't be one of their biggest hits, maybe given a chance, people would like his voice on other stuff. Just dreaming, I guess.
    You may be only one person, but you know I'm with you! Maybe I'm naive but I don't think you'd lose the audience if Timothy sang a solo song...his voice is too beautiful to waste...but I feel like we're fighting a losing battle

I didn't know any LROOE songs (except NMCD) when I saw them - and I loved what I heard. Came out of the concert & knew I had to get the album.

When I saw CSN I only knew about half the songs - and still enjoyed it.

I'm sure a well-chosen Tim song would gain him new (solo material) fans. For example, "Parachute" would work well with Eagles harmonies.
    ---------------------------------
    Suzanne

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesKiwi View Post
    I didn't know any LROOE songs (except NMCD) when I saw them - and I loved what I heard. Came out of the concert & knew I had to get the album.

When I saw CSN I only knew about half the songs - and still enjoyed it.

I'm sure a well-chosen Tim song would gain him new (solo material) fans. For example, "Parachute" would work well with Eagles harmonies.
    I think Parachute would be a great choice!

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesKiwi View Post
    Same here. When I saw LROOE, I didn't know most songs off the album except How Long and Busy Being Fabulous. I remember hearing WITW for the first time and sitting there in amazement at how awesome of a song it was. On the subject of Timothy's solo work, I don't know much of it - but I'd be very willing to hear it in concert.
    ~ Tori
    https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/downloads/images/henley24.jpg

The Joe Walsh issue is one I had thought of with the possiblilty of the 2013 tour being a History of the Eagles. Do others really think they could drop Life's Been Good? If it was to be a genuine History of the Eagles show you'd think they would but I don't see that being very easy to do as it is one of the highlights of the current show.

I'm not a fan of the solo songs being included either., not even Glenn's. I want to hear Eagles' songs at an Eagles concert! I guess one each one for each member would be OK, but how would they fit into the history of the band? I guess if they played their songs sequentially as Glenn has suggested, the solo songs could be done duing their "14 year vacation, but not all the solo songs come from that period. I also concede that Joe's song's are always applauded by the critics as livening up the show. I still think he does too many. Surely they can come up with an exciting show using the history concept!