Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: How should the Eagles revamp the setlist for their 40th Anniversary?

Out on the Border

Default Re: How should the Eagles revamp the setlist for their 40th Anniversary?

I agree with the majority of you and think they should drop most, if not all of their solo stuff... Here is a list of songs I wish they would add to the set list ...

New Kid In Town (If Glenn can't sing it, let Don or Timothy sing lead)
    Sad Cafe
    Last Resort
    Already Gone
    Tequila Sunrise
    Best Of My Love
    One Of These Nights
    Get Over It
    Wasted Time
    Pretty Maids All In A Row
    Those Shoes
    Doolin Dalton

And I would love nothing more if they brought back Randy for the 40th Anniversary and he could sing...

Take It To The Limit
    Certain Kind Of Fool
    Try and Love Again

Also wouldn't mind if Glenn and Don both sang lead on Desperado...Glenn could sing lead on the first half and Don could finish....

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: How should the Eagles revamp the setlist for their 40th Anniversary?

I would want to see the solo songs, myself. I'd be fine with one per member. For Joe it HAS to be Life's Been Good, as I prefer that song in the band rather than solo (love the twin solo and the backup vocals). LBG is right on the fence for me and close to being a requirement for me. For Don, definitely The Boys Of Summer. That's his big hit. For Glenn, preferably The Heat Is On. For Tim, Parachute or something like that.

As far as Eagles songs, here are the songs I'd like to hear. I'll list in order of release.

Take It Easy
    Witchy Woman
    Peaceful Easy Feeling
    Desperado
    Tequila Sunrise
    Already Gone
    James Dean
    The Best Of My Love
    One Of These Nights
    Take It To The Limit
    Lyin' Eyes
    Hotel California
    New Kid In Town
    Life In The Fast Lane
    Victim Of Love
    The Long Run
    Heartache Tonight
    In The City
    I Can't Tell You Why
    Seven Bridges Road
    Get Over It
    Love Will Keep Us Alive
    How Long
    Busy Being Fabulous
    Guilty Of The Crime

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Schoey5107 View Post
    And I would love nothing more if they brought back Randy for the 40th Anniversary and he could sing...

Take It To The Limit.
    Wouldn't that be the most AWESOME thing ever?!?! Nothing against the way Glenn sings it but Randy's vocals on that has always been one of my all time favorite (was THE favorite for years) Eagles songs.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Schoey5107 View Post
    I agree with the majority of you and think they should drop most, if not all of their solo stuff... Here is a list of songs I wish they would add to the set list ...

New Kid In Town (If Glenn can't sing it, let Don or Timothy sing lead)
    Sad Cafe
    Last Resort
    Already Gone
    Tequila Sunrise
    Best Of My Love
    One Of These Nights
    Get Over It
    Wasted Time
    Pretty Maids All In A Row
    Those Shoes
    Doolin Dalton

Take It To The Limit
    Certain Kind Of Fool
    Try and Love Again

Also wouldn't mind if Glenn and Don both sang lead on Desperado...Glenn could sing lead on the first half and Don could finish....
    I'm sorry, but I woul prefer no New Kid In Town to Glenn not singing it. Leave it alone. I feel very strongly about it. I am resigned to its loss.

As for Desperado that is an interesting idea, but it is Don's song with the Eagles. I still think that it should not be an encore & that Don should play drums & Glenn piano on it.

Regarding Randy Meisner, I do not believe there is any chance of that happening.

I agree it's unlikely Randy would perform - a small possibility of a one-off performance, perhaps, but I just can't see him touring with them.

How is his voice holding out nowadays - could Randy still sing Take It To The Limit the same way he performed back in the 70s? (I hope so, would love to hear it live, I just don't think it's ever gonna happen).
    ---------------------------------
    Suzanne

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    I'm sorry, but I woul prefer no New Kid In Town to Glenn not singing it. Leave it alone. I feel very strongly about it. I am resigned to its loss.

Regarding Randy Meisner, I do not believe there is any chance of that happening.
    I agree about NKIT. I can't imagine or do I think I would want to see it sang by anyone but Glenn.

Of course it's a miniscule chance that Randy would ever do this but we can dream, can't we? After all, it is the 40th anniversary and who knows what kind of surprises might be in store to celebrate it.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Has anybody heard how Randy's health is now? He has had heart problems hasn't he?

I was just thinking...I have one song that I'd really love to hear live..."Get Over It"...absolutely love it!

Quote Originally Posted by zeldabjr View Post
    I was just thinking...I have one song that I'd really love to hear live..."Get Over It"...absolutely love it!
    Oooh, me too, so much!!
    ---------------------------------
    Suzanne

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I love it too. I would think they would play it for the HFO significance. Surely!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten