Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: How should the Eagles revamp the setlist for their 40th Anniversary?

Default Re: Eagles Mentions in the Press

Now you're talkin'!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I bet he hasn't been to a show lately and got this setlist off of some past tour - when was the last time they played "Already Gone"? Admittedly, they did ironically use the song on their advertisements for the LROOE tour.

Indeed, "Already Gone" is one of the most requested songs for the Eagles to ADD to their setlist!

At least he is fan enough to know some of their deeper cuts. Perhaps this statement was intended to show that off, although it backfired with the glaring "Already Gone" mistake.

P.S. If my Long Beach bootleg is any indication, "King of Hollywood" is a real dud live.

Soda, I know you don't like King Of Hollywood. In my opinion the Long Beach version is one of the best live tracks the band ever did. I love the song anyway; live it reaches a new dimension (you can hear Glenn's part much better). I would absolutely love it if they played it again, but Don would have to play drums. That is just my opinion.

I would be happy for them to drop Lyin' Eyes, but Witchy Woman ROCKED live. (They play it faster than the recording, which IMHO adds a lot to the song).

Adding Saturday Night? Not my first choice, not when there are so many others that I think would go down better with a diverse audience of both hardcore and casual fans (Already Gone, Out of Control, James Dean, What Do I Do With My Heart... okay, fantasising again!).
    ---------------------------------
    Suzanne

Stuck on the Border

I could not bear to lose Lyin' Eyes. I have already lost NKIT, AG & TS. An Eagles setlist without Lyin' Eyes for me would be unthinkable.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    I could not bear to lose Lyin' Eyes. I have already lost NKIT, AG & TS. An Eagles setlist without Lyin' Eyes for me would be unthinkable.
    FP, would you give up Lyin' Eyes to get NKIT, AG or TS BACK in the setlist? Obviously not your first choice (Add them all!!) but I guess my question is are you deeply attached to this song in particular.

For me, it's one that is most often played (overplayed?) on the radio, and every time I hear it I think of Glenn's "plaintiff" joke which I dislike. I'm probably unfairly biased against it, but I would MUCH rather see any of the other 3 in its place.
    Suzanne

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesKiwi View Post
    FP, would you give up Lyin' Eyes to get NKIT, AG or TS BACK in the setlist? Obviously not your first choice (Add them all!!) but I guess my question is are you deeply attached to this song in particular.

For me, it's one that is most often played (overplayed?) on the radio, and every time I hear it I think of Glenn's "plaintiff" joke which I dislike. I'm probably unfairly biased against it, but I would MUCH rather see any of the other 3 in its place.
    I would possibly give up Lyin' Eyes to have NKIT but not TS or AG. I am extremely attached to Lyin' Eyes. At Eagles shows it has the same significance for me that HC does for others (so does Heartache Tonight). I am not saying LE is better than HC; it isn't; but it is very important to me personally.

Personally, I would exchange Lyin' Eyes for Already Gone. I have no sentimental investment in it. I look at it from this perspective: I love to see Glenn rock! He has enough ballads. I'd much rather lose Lyin' Eyes than the beautiful Peaceful Easy Feeling or the magnificent TITTL.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I would make the same trade. Lyin' Eyes is one of my all time favorites. I have loved it since it was released. But, since I have seen Glenn perform it live four times (including two solo shows & POT), I would like to see Glenn rock it on Aready Gone, for a change, which I have loved since it's release as well (but a little less than LE).

For me personally, Lyin' Eyes is a nice song, but isn't on my list of favourite "Glenn leads". NKIT, on the other hand, is number 2 on that list, so I'd be prepared to make a sacrifice to hear it live.
    Suzanne

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I would hate to see Lyin' Eyes dropped. I really love it, but I might trade it for Already Gone or Tequila Sunrise. I think it's a travesty that he has dropped TS, one of the first songs he and Don wrote together.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten