Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: How should the Eagles revamp the setlist for their 40th Anniversary?

Default Re: How should the Eagles revamp the setlist for their 40th Anniversary?

I know I've said this before in other threads (oh & thanks for cleaning up & reposting us over here Soda!) but I LOVED hearing LROOE live - for the first time. So did my husband who is not a hard core fan. That was the song that convinced him they really are serious, creative musicians and not just about nostalgia and raking in the $$$$$$. We didn't think for a heartbeat that it was dragging on, we were too busy absorbing, appreciating and marveling at this new masterpiece.

I can't comment on whether or not it works in a festival setting since I've never experienced that, but if they are looking at doing anything indoors and 2 1/2 hours or more for their 40th anniversary (), I would love to see LROOE included. (But maybe they could cut down on the Arabian wind noises ).

I would also like to see the 40th anniversary reflect the whole 40 years, acknowledging the new album as well as the older stuff. Since I'm hoping we get a new concert DVD out of this tour, I'd like some songs that aren't already on Farewell 1 and HFO.

And I want them to have fun too - so I guess if that means having some of their choice of songs rather than ours, that's good too... AS LONG AS I ACTUALLY GET TO SEE THE ONE OF THE SHOWS!!!
    ---------------------------------
    Suzanne

Out on the Border

Default Re: How should the Eagles revamp the setlist for their 40th Anniversary?

As a rookie to this site, I have two thoughts on the 40th anniversary tour.

One, I would love to see them perform some of the songs they either always or sometimes leave out (NKIT, Victim, Those Shoes, Seven Bridges, Last Resort) but even more importantly do a couple songs the way they used to be played in the 70's - Witchy Woman with the incredible 2-3 minute guitar/drum intro and Doolin Dalton/Desperado Reprise.

Two, for a band with as many great songs as the Eagles, I always wondered why they wouldn't do a couple fan weekends a year where they play two shows in a single city in a weekend (ie Fri/Sat or Fri/Sun) and split the set lists so you get 30 songs night one, and 30 songs with only 10-12 crossover night two. So all these songs listed above, Sad Cafe, LROE, more solo songs, etc. could be included without cutting off other hit songs. It would also make for a GREAT blu-ray package; 50-60 songs on one package live?

That intro to Witchy Woman sure is cool! I know what you're talking about, bostoneagle. Here's a 1 minute version of that intro from the BBC 1973 show:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xco...n-eagles_music

Quote Originally Posted by bostoneagle
    Two, for a band with as many great songs as the Eagles, I always wondered why they wouldn't do a couple fan weekends a year where they play two shows in a single city in a weekend (ie Fri/Sat or Fri/Sun) and split the set lists so you get 30 songs night one, and 30 songs with only 10-12 crossover night two. So all these songs listed above, Sad Cafe, LROE, more solo songs, etc. could be included without cutting off other hit songs. It would also make for a GREAT blu-ray package; 50-60 songs on one package live?
    That would be too awesome for words! However, I don't wonder why they don't do it... it would probably be very difficult logistically. I think there aren't too many artists who would do such a thing. Like I said, though, it would sure be amazing!

Welcome, BTW!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Welcome bostoneagle!!! I love the idea!!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Welcome, BostonEagle!
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Out on the Border

Thanks for the welcome! I realize the logistics of a two date show with a lot of songs would be a logistical problem, especially with how tight the band likes to be and the lights/graphics; they would have to handle it more like some of the solo tours where Don will mix in some covers of songs he heard "in his pickup truck" without any glossy arrangements and light show.

In this case, the covers would just be their own stuff!

Can't believe I haven't been on this board yet. Not only was an Eagles concert my first date with my wife of 18 years, but at the end of every week we unwind with a bottle of wine and an Eagles DVD on Friday night. I never get tired of it. I'm glad you're all as crazy as we are.

Stuck on the Border Henley Honey's Avatar

Nothing crazy about that! Welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by bostoneagle View Post
    Thanks for the welcome! I realize the logistics of a two date show with a lot of songs would be a logistical problem, especially with how tight the band likes to be and the lights/graphics; they would have to handle it more like some of the solo tours where Don will mix in some covers of songs he heard "in his pickup truck" without any glossy arrangements and light show.

In this case, the covers would just be their own stuff!

Can't believe I haven't been on this board yet. Not only was an Eagles concert my first date with my wife of 18 years, but at the end of every week we unwind with a bottle of wine and an Eagles DVD on Friday night. I never get tired of it. I'm glad you're all as crazy as we are.
    What a fantastic way to end your week!

And I have to say, I nearly fell off my chair at the thought of two DIFFERENT shows in one weekend. Oh my.

You know I've always been a dreamer... but apparently I haven't been dreaming big enough!
    ---------------------------------
    Suzanne

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

be, wonderful idea! I'd love it, but I doubt it'll ever happen. But we can dream!

Welcome to the Border! You sound like the rest of us around here!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Welcome, bostoneagle! glad to have you on The Border. My husband & I will often watch Hell Freezes Over late at night & never tire of it! Like the idea of the wine. I must break out a bottle next time we watch it!