Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: How should the Eagles revamp the setlist for their 40th Anniversary?

Default Re: How should the Eagles revamp the setlist for their 40th Anniversary?

Welcome bostoneagle! I'm new here too... just joined a few days ago myself. Like yourself, I can't believe I never thought to look for a fan club to be a part of, being a die hard Eagles fan all of my life.

My mind is Tiffany twisted

Default Re: How should the Eagles revamp the setlist for their 40th Anniversary?

I really don't think doing 2 different shows in a city is that difficult. Other bands do this. I know that Steely Dan does a 5 night week in NYC almost every year. Each night is a different show. They do an album each night & then, like a greatest hits on one night. People love this because they can see the show of their favorite album or the HITS show if they prefer that.
    I don't see 2 different shows as such a problem. They have sure played all these songs enough.
    I think this is a SUPER FANTASTIC IDEA!!!
    Wish they would do this!

Thinking about the 2 shows a bit more, it's a fantastic idea, but I also think that they could, unfortunately, cop a lot of criticism from people who think they are "holding back" just to get more money from people.

One way that they could get around that is with something similar to Kylie Minogue's "anti tour". After touring with her full-blown Aphrodite tour (all the hits, spectacular staging etc) she is doing a couple of shows in Sydney and Melbourne that are "rarities, demos and b-sides", designed just for the hardcore fans, in small venues. Complete with anti-scalping measures (you can only buy 2 tickets and you and your ticket-mate must pick them up in advance, in person, with photo id)... and the shows sold out in about 3 minutes.

Something like that could work... although even with 2 shows there may be songs that they just don't want to perform any more, for valid reasons (such as Glenn not being comfortable with the vocal range any more).
    ---------------------------------
    Suzanne

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesKiwi View Post
    Thinking about the 2 shows a bit more, it's a fantastic idea, but I also think that they could, unfortunately, cop a lot of criticism from people who think they are "holding back" just to get more money from people.

One way that they could get around that is with something similar to Kylie Minogue's "anti tour". After touring with her full-blown Aphrodite tour (all the hits, spectacular staging etc) she is doing a couple of shows in Sydney and Melbourne that are "rarities, demos and b-sides", designed just for the hardcore fans, in small venues. Complete with anti-scalping measures (you can only buy 2 tickets and you and your ticket-mate must pick them up in advance, in person, with photo id)... and the shows sold out in about 3 minutes.

Something like that could work... although even with 2 shows there may be songs that they just don't want to perform any more, for valid reasons (such as Glenn not being comfortable with the vocal range any more).
    This could never work for the Eagles. If Kylie Minoque sold out in 3 minutes, can you imagine... there would be a war over the Eagles tickets. They can't get away with doing a small venue. It would have to be 2 big shows. If people want to go to both, so be it, but if they want to attend one, they can choose which they prefer. I don't see that it's such a big deal to do this.

It's a lovely idea, but for the Eagles to do it... well, let's just say it's not very likely. Stranger things have happened, of course, but if it were no big deal to do such a thing, why wouldn't it be commonplace? You can think of a few who do it, but it's hardly something that bands do all the time.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I haven't thought up my dream set list, but I had an idea for the 40th Anniversary set list.
    It's often been said here that Timothy doesn't get to sing lead vocal often enough; well I guess that's partly because he wasn't with the Eagles from the begining.
    So I thought, what about bringing some of Randy's songs into the set and giving Timothy the lead vocal? One that springs to my mind immediately is 'Try and Love again'. I can imagine Timothy singing that & I'm sure he'd make a very good job of it.

I'd be interested to know if any Borderers agree, or can think of any other songs he could sing lead on. Or is it a silly suggestion?

This is my dream set list & I'm sticking to it.
    I want to see more LROOE & less like an Oldies Greatest Hits List...
    Timothy needs to be singing at least 3 songs in the show. To have him sing only 1 lead is just an outrage to us TBS fans!

1. Hotel California
    2. Victim of Love
    3. New Kid in Town
    4. Peaceful Easy Feelin'
    5. One of These Nights
    6. Lyin' Eyes
    7. Tequila Sunrise
    8. Try & Love Again
    9. I Can't Tell You Why
    10. Heart of the Matter
    11. Boys of Summer
    12. Funk 49
    13. Dirty Laundry
    14. Life's Been Good
    15. Life In the fast Lane
    16. Smuggler's Blues
    17. Already Gone
    18. Love Will Keep Us Alive
    19. Waiting In the Weeds
    20. It's Your World Now
    21. What do I do With My Heart
    22. How Long
    23. Fast Company
    24. Busy Being Fabulous
    25. Take it to the Limit

ENCORE: Heartache Tonight
    Rocky Mountain Way
    Take it Easy

Quote Originally Posted by StephUK View Post
    I haven't thought up my dream set list, but I had an idea for the 40th Anniversary set list.
    It's often been said here that Timothy doesn't get to sing lead vocal often enough; well I guess that's partly because he wasn't with the Eagles from the begining.
    So I thought, what about bringing some of Randy's songs into the set and giving Timothy the lead vocal? One that springs to my mind immediately is 'Try and Love again'. I can imagine Timothy singing that & I'm sure he'd make a very good job of it.

I'd be interested to know if any Borderers agree, or can think of any other songs he could sing lead on. Or is it a silly suggestion?
    I like this idea and have thought about it too... I think Timothy would perform Try And Love Again fantastically.
    ~ Tori
    https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/downloads/images/henley24.jpg

Stuck on the Border

I am sure he has stated in the past that he would have felt uncomfortable attempting to sing Randy's songs. Just because they were/are both bass players doesn't necessarily mean Randy's songs are right for Tim.

From what I am hearing they are going to revamp it completely & start from the beginning. This would mean no more ending with the Henley-dominated Desperado.

As FP said Timothy has been quite clear that he is not going to sing Randy's songs. I believe I remember it came up when the Eagles wished to start performing TITTL again; apparently they asked Timothy to perform it and he respectfully declined, so Glenn performs it.