Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: How should the Eagles revamp the setlist for their 40th Anniversary?

Default Re: How should the Eagles revamp the setlist for their 40th Anniversary?

Quote Originally Posted by timfan View Post
    As FP said Timothy has been quite clear that he is not going to sing Randy's songs. I believe I remember it came up when the Eagles wished to start performing TITTL again; apparently they asked Timothy to perform it and he respectfully declined, so Glenn performs it.
    I do remember Tim saying he didn't want to sing TITTL, but I think he would be amazing on Try and Love Again. Besides, that was ages ago. Maybe he would reconsider & do T&LA. That song hasn't been done in ages...Sure would love to hear Timmy do it!

Default Re: How should the Eagles revamp the setlist for their 40th Anniversary?

Well since Timothy did not want to sing TITTL because of his respect for Randy it is highly unlikely he would sing any of Randy's other songs.

Quote Originally Posted by timfan View Post
    As FP said Timothy has been quite clear that he is not going to sing Randy's songs. I believe I remember it came up when the Eagles wished to start performing TITTL again; apparently they asked Timothy to perform it and he respectfully declined, so Glenn performs it.
    I wonder why he is so hesitant to do Randy's songs...did Randy write the ones that have been mentioned? I can see it if he wrote them... otherwise I don't get it...It's not like Timothy B had anything to do with him leaving...I say you're an Eagle...sing the darn songs Timothy!....yeah I know he's not likely to ever change his mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Topkat View Post
    This is my dream set list & I'm sticking to it.
    I want to see more LROOE & less like an Oldies Greatest Hits List...
    Timothy needs to be singing at least 3 songs in the show. To have him sing only 1 lead is just an outrage to us TBS fans!

1. Hotel California
    2. Victim of Love
    3. New Kid in Town
    4. Peaceful Easy Feelin'
    5. One of These Nights
    6. Lyin' Eyes
    7. Tequila Sunrise
    8. Try & Love Again
    9. I Can't Tell You Why
    10. Heart of the Matter
    11. Boys of Summer
    12. Funk 49
    13. Dirty Laundry
    14. Life's Been Good
    15. Life In the fast Lane
    16. Smuggler's Blues
    17. Already Gone
    18. Love Will Keep Us Alive
    19. Waiting In the Weeds
    20. It's Your World Now
    21. What do I do With My Heart
    22. How Long
    23. Fast Company
    24. Busy Being Fabulous
    25. Take it to the Limit

ENCORE: Heartache Tonight
    Rocky Mountain Way
    Take it Easy

Stuck on the Border

I do remember Tim saying he didn't want to sing TITTL, but I think he would be amazing on Try and Love Again. Besides, that was ages ago. Maybe he would reconsider & do T&LA. That song hasn't been done in ages...Sure would love to hear Timmy do it!
    I don't think his voice is strong enough for TALA. This is no disrespect to him but when has he ever sung a song like that? His voice is much softer, more mellow. And yes, Randy wrote TALA & co-wrote TITTL. I believe, as TF has said, the point is moot. I do agree that he should have more than one lead in this revamped setlist; I would go with Do Something.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    I don't think his voice is strong enough for TALA. This is no disrespect to him but when has he ever sung a song like that? His voice is much softer, more mellow. And yes, Randy wrote TALA & co-wrote TITTL. I believe, as TF has said, the point is moot. I do agree that he should have more than one lead in this revamped setlist; I would go with Do Something.
    I can't really comment on whether he could sing TALA, I'm just not that musical . But I thought he showed a much broader range on Expando than he does usually in Eagles shows.

Tim may feel differently about "other" Randy songs. I personally would describe TITTL as Randy's signature song, and I can understand Tim not wanting to be seen as taking that over. However he may be willing to consider the less well-known songs?

I agree on Do Something, I think it would play well live. I Don't Want To Hear Anymore didn't so much when I heard it in Melbourne - but that may have been a sound-mixing issue (it just didn't sound like it was filling the arena, and yet his other songs were gorgeous).
    ---------------------------------
    Suzanne

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Instead of Randy songs, why not just add a solo or 2? We have plenty of Joe & Don solos. Just saying......
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    I do think that Timothy could sing TALA. Timothy has sung much more than just soft mellow vocals. He sang other types of songs in Poco. And What ever happened to Love Will Keep Us Alive? That was done on HFO tour & I think other tours as well, Suddenly, it's been dropped...I don't think adding Do Something would be a good pick. Would rather hear Keep On Tryin' which got a boost of interest when it was played on the TV show Bones. Suddenly tons of people were watching it on YouTube.

Actually I would love to hear NY Minute from Don again...I think they need to bring back some songs they haven't done that much recently

I'd love to see Timothy do more songs in the set but I agree with Willie that they should be his songs and not Randy's. Especially not Try and Love Again. That's one of the few Eagles songs that Randy wrote by himself. It's also a bit personal (his marriage was falling apart when he wrote it.)

Open up your eyes take the devil from your mind

Stuck on the Border

I do think that Timothy could sing TALA. Timothy has sung much more than just soft mellow vocals. He sang other types of songs in Poco. And What ever happened to Love Will Keep Us Alive? That was done on HFO tour & I think other tours as well, Suddenly, it's been dropped...I don't think adding Do Something would be a good pick. Would rather hear Keep On Tryin' which got a boost of interest when it was played on the TV show Bones. Suddenly tons of people were watching it on YouTube.

Actually I would love to hear NY Minute from Don again...I think they need to bring back some songs they haven't done that much recently

What happened to LWKUA is the same as what happened to No More Cloudy Days & Waiting In The Weeds. The entire acoustic segment has been dropped.

I take it you are not a fan of Do Something, which is one of my favourite tracks on LROOE.