Page 12 of 305 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast

Thread: What Are You Doing Right Now?

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Default Re: What Are You Doing Right Now?

GA, hope you get better! I myself am sick with bronchitis. I went to the doctor last night. I have no voice, so of course, everyone I work with has decided they need to talk to me over the phone.

I haven't been eating much the last few days and earlier I was feeling dizzy. I decided my sugar level was low and determined I needed some sugar. After grabbing a Ginger Ale, I logged on here and went through the GF photo thread! I feel much better now. You should try it.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Stuck on the Border Henley Honey's Avatar

Feel better, everyone! Sheesh . . . It must be the stress of the Holidays that has everyone's resistance low and getting sick.
    Take your vitamins and get some rest!!

Quote Originally Posted by Koala View Post
    You have already a Christmas tree? Do you put up him always so early? We put up our tree only always on the 23rd December.
    It's not a stupid question - its a good one!

First of all, my tree is artificial. We used to put our tree up around the first weekend of December. This year I caught the spirit early. The tree and decorations always come down on New Years Day, so I want to enjoy them for as long as possible.

Brooke's right. Here in the states every year the stores are earlier and earlier with their Christmas things and music. I went to Walmart just before Halloween (Oct. 31) and they were already playing Christmas music!

This might make for a good thread, if there's not one already. How many of us enjoy the stores starting the holidays earlier each year and how many of us find it sad? I'm only home for lunch right now and have to go back to work soon, but if anyone else wants to start a thread, go for it!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Eat breakfast and read the newspaper.

Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid View Post
    It's not a stupid question - its a good one!
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    GA, hope you get better! I myself am sick with bronchitis. I went to the doctor last night. I have no voice, so of course, everyone I work with has decided they need to talk to me over the phone.

I haven't been eating much the last few days and earlier I was feeling dizzy. I decided my sugar level was low and determined I needed some sugar. After grabbing a Ginger Ale, I logged on here and went through the GF photo thread! I feel much better now. You should try it.
    Hope you are feeling better VA! Indeed I always resort to Glenn when I'm not well. I'm on my own in the house now - everybody is at work or school. So I'm perusing the border st my leisure and giving a LOT of attention to Mr Frey

(maybe if I close my eyes and wish hard enough he'll show up behind me with a glass of hot whiskey and lemon)

As I said in the new throated, I really don't like Christmas starting as early as September! In Ireland traditionally Christmas goods started to appear in the stores after Hallowe'en, but with more International shops now the Irish stores had to compete with them or lose business. So they are all starting by October now. I ignore it as much as I can.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

I'm enjoying my new office space and computer... Right now I'm actually importing ALL of my Eagles CD's into iTunes. Those are the only ones I've kept in iTunes because A - I dislike digital downloading and B - I'm too lazy to import ALL of my CD's. I have every Eagles CD except for Selected Works. Never been able to snag that one.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Try eBay Austin. Thats where I've gotten my copy (and copies for others) at very reasonable prices.

I'm watching 'Little Women' on TV. Even though its after Midnight in my book its still Christmas day until I go to bed.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter View Post
    I'm watching 'Little Women' on TV. Even though its after Midnight in my book its still Christmas day until I go to bed.
    I like your logic, GA!
    ---------------------------------
    Suzanne

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I have the day off today and am heading to the mall for a couple Christmas returns. Crazy? Probably!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

I'm at the beach in North Caroline, got here last night to meet up with some friends for the week. I have to work everyday, but I'm in a loft area and the view is incredible, even if it is raining.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.