Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dear Loathsome Trade Hacks....

Default Dear Loathsome Trade Hacks....

This is probably old news to most, but it's the first time I've seen it.

Dear Loathsome Trade Hacks

--------------------------

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

I understand what he is saying, but I'm afraid that for the past six years I haven't noticed a lot of 'starry-eyed idealism' from him or his colleagues regarding 'art' or 'culture' or even 'authenticity'. In that time he has made one (in my opinion) very disappointing album while with his colleagues he has produced the grand total of five songs, only four of which have actually been recorded (because we don't know about ODAAT).

I'm afraid I don't understand exactly what you are saying, FP.

Stuck on the Border

I think that instead of railing so bitterly against evil record corporations perhaps he and his colleagues should produce some of this 'culture' he talks about. The wait has been long. They are beholden to no record company. No-one is stopping them from releasing this album except themselves.

Yep, a new album full of "culture" would be welcome about now.

I think we're all hoping to get a new album, but I'm not going to get all agitated if it doesn't materialize as soon as we'd hoped. It's their name that's going on this album, and if they feel it needs more work, then I'm not going to act as if they don't have a right to do so.

It's kind of like how I told my major prof that I'd have my dissertation finished by May, and right now it looks like it MIGHT be finished in September. I HOPE. So.... I'm not going to be judging anybody.

Of course it's understandable that there is disappointment, but we don't have any control over what they do, so it's not really constructive to dwell on frustrated hopes. If one allows oneself to dwell on such things too long, it's easy to descend from frustration to anger and resentment, things that make you forget how much you love their music - what drew you to them in the first place.

I look at it this way. A later album gives me more time to save up my money for a tour. Maybe I can even save enough to get a ILAA seat for more than one show!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Well, I agree with this, of course. Occasionally my latent cynicism rises to the surface - with everything, not just this, it's just that this is on my mind at the moment (as it always is). I'm sure that the album will be worth the wait - in fact the longer we wait the sweeter the end result will be, I hope!

To my mind, there has been a lot of hype about the new album. All that we really know from the band members themselves is that Joe estimated it may be out in the autumn and Glenn actually said to you three at Pebble Beach that they were still working on ILTWAWD. Until an official release date is announced, I am content with what brought me here in the first place, the classic music that we already have.

Reading that letter reminds me that Don has a very witty and caustic sense of humour!

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

Quote Originally Posted by glenneaglesfan
    Reading that letter reminds me that Don has a very witty and caustic sense of humour!
    He really does! It is part of his charm.
    He blasts the hell out of them and then signs it "Love & Kisses."

I love Don's humor!

Regarding the album......I completely understand that they want it to meet THEIR standards and wish to wait until it does. The only thing that annoys me is then they shouldn't lead anyone one. Don should never have said the album would be out in 60-90 days if he wasn't absolutely sure because all that's going to do is get people's hopes up and then crush them.