Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dear Loathsome Trade Hacks....

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Wow. I was thinking that maybe that letter was a joke!

Don does have a way with words and I wish he would use it on his music!

Yeah, I'm disappointed that the album and tour have been backed up yet again, but like GEF, I am content with the classics.

Actually, if they NEVER make another album, it will be ok. My life will go on, listening to the classics still. If they end up riding off into the sunset, like one of them said, I'll still listen to the classics.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke
    Actually, if they NEVER make another album, it will be ok. My life will go on, listening to the classics still. If they end up riding off into the sunset, like one of them said, I'll still listen to the classics.
    I am in full agreement with this sentiment . I have always felt extremely lucky as a fan, to have had so many great songs from the Eagles to enjoy. This will not change whether they put out and new album or not, we will always have the many Eagles classics.

Quote Originally Posted by Maleah
    Regarding the album......I completely understand that they want it to meet THEIR standards and wish to wait until it does. The only thing that annoys me is then they shouldn't lead anyone one. Don should never have said the album would be out in 60-90 days if he wasn't absolutely sure because all that's going to do is get people's hopes up and then crush them.
    Yes, as I said, disappointment is completely understandable. I'm disappointed, too. I just think life's too short to dwell on it to the point where your disappointment turns into something uglier. I think, if we try, we can still enjoy life without an Eagles album, lol.

JMHO.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

OMG - that letter is too funny. I love how Don 'reams them a new one' in the letter and then signs it "Love and Kisses."

With regard to the new album, I said it months ago in another thread here that I will believe release dates and tour dates only when there is an official announcement from the band itself. Any other information, speculation, rumor from any other source is unreliable as far as I'm concerned. When the band members themselves are inconsistent in their remarks regarding dates that is a pretty clear indication that they don't have one. Since I haven't had any real expectations, I'm not too disappointed or surprised.

Personally, for me, I'd rather have no new album than an inferior product. While I can never have enough tours, I'll can understand why they want to have some new song ready before they tour again.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by SodaScouts
    Quote Originally Posted by Maleah
    Regarding the album......I completely understand that they want it to meet THEIR standards and wish to wait until it does. The only thing that annoys me is then they shouldn't lead anyone one. Don should never have said the album would be out in 60-90 days if he wasn't absolutely sure because all that's going to do is get people's hopes up and then crush them.
    Yes, as I said, disappointment is completely understandable. I'm disappointed, too. I just think life's too short to dwell on it to the point where your disappointment turns into something uglier. I think, if we try, we can still enjoy life without an Eagles album, lol.

JMHO.
    I completely agree! I didn't mean I was crushed by the way but I do know some people who were counting on it very much. Like someone else said.......I could go on just listening to the classics and be happy! BUT.............I was looking very much forward to the tour and seeing them for the first time But no worries.....I'm sure that day will come someday. And if not........well.....there's always Keith, Wynonna, Rascal Flatts, John Mayer, Jonny Lang, Martina McBride, Marc Broussard..........er.......well let's just say there's a lot of artists that I'd still love to see

ANYWAYS...............like I said.....I completely agree with everything you said.

This doesn't really have anything to do with the topic, but I wonder which artists Don and the rest of the Eagles really like now days. I mean, obviously they're fans of the Chicks and Sheryl Crow (well, at least Don is lol), John Mayer, etc..... but I was just curious. OH........and I was just reading in a book that Don tried to pursue Sheryl when she first became his backup singer

Wow........I really went off topic a lot in this post