Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: St. Petersburg, FL 18.11.2011

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: St. Petersburg, FL 18.11.2011

We'll, I'm guessing that it probably has occurred to him, but he and the band have other reasons for choosing not to release more DVDs. I know that for most hardcore fans more is better; however, I believe that not over-marketing themselves has served the band very well.

As far as copyright laws, I think any individual copyright owner can invoke copyright privileges even if the copyright is shared. It would seem to me that in the case of the Eagles, the principle owners would want to make those decisions jointly even if they are not required to do so by law.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    We'll, I'm guessing that it probably has occurred to him, but he and the band have other reasons for choosing not to release more DVDs. I know that for most hardcore fans more is better; however, I believe that not over-marketing themselves has served the band very well.

As far as copyright laws, I think any individual copyright owner can invoke copyright privileges even if the copyright is shared. It would seem to me that in the case of the Eagles, the principle owners would want to make those decisions jointly even if they are not required to do so by law.
    I don't want them to 'over-market' themselves, but in my opinion it was a very big mistake not to release a LROOE tour DVD when the songs were still new and they were still playing a few of them. Now the chance has gone.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Well - I guess we'll never know if it was a mistake or not to release a LROOE tour DVD. Honestly, at the time, I was one that also wanted a DVD, but, in retrospect, I'm not too sure it was a mistake, especially since it was relatively close to the 40th year anniversary. FP - yes, you and I and many others on this board will buy pretty much anything the band releases, but I'm not too sure a LROOE DVD would have sold that well outside of the hardcore fan base. However, I'll bet a well-done 40th anniversary DVD will go over very well because it's a very special landmark in the band's history.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Slate CM View Post
    He also said he doesn't mind people taking photos, but no video. Otherwise he has to have someone go to youtube and delete them.
    Wow, he actually said that? I'll bet he was smiling.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Well - I guess we'll never know if it was a mistake or not to release a LROOE tour DVD. Honestly, at the time, I was one that also wanted a DVD, but, in retrospect, I'm not too sure it was a mistake, especially since it was relatively close to the 40th year anniversary. FP - yes, you and I and many others on this board will buy pretty much anything the band releases, but I'm not too sure a LROOE DVD would have sold that well outside of the hardcore fan base. However, I'll bet a well-done 40th anniversary DVD will go over very well because it's a very special landmark in the band's history.
    Hadn't really thought of it that way but I think you have a very valid point here. That makes all kinds of sense.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Good points, Dreamer. I too would love to see them performing some LROOE songs on a DVD - but perhaps they thought that a 40th anniversary DVD would allow them to include BOTH some LROOE songs and some other "goodies". In which case - they may be adding some of the songs back in to the setlist to make it representative of their whole career? (Will go over to the "if there's a new DVD what do you want" thread now!).
    ---------------------------------
    Suzanne