Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Las Vegas, NV Nov. 19, 2011

Default Re: Las Vegas, NV Nov. 19, 2011

Feeling better, although my sleep schedule is probably messed up royally! I started feeling bad after the concert ended. Maybe my PEW just hit me physically as well as mentally.

But on to the review! In order to get this up faster, I'm doing it in parts. This first part is the pre-show stuff.

When I got there and scoped out my seat, I was delighted! My seat was on the far end of Section 17, which was the closest riser to the stage on Timothy's side. In other words, I could not have been closer unless I had been in the front of the floor (or in the four rows ahead of me, as I was in Row E). Considering the haphazard nature of how I attained the ticket, I felt very blessed! This is especially true since the box office told us the show truly was sold out, and the only remaining choice would have been a "street scalper" - or, more accurately here, an "MGM Lobby scalper." We talked to a few going around muttering "Need tickets?" in a low voice (MGM doesn't allow scalping on their property, so it's all done under the radar). We thought perhaps Jess' friend could get a ticket, but what they had wasn't great.

We went to our seats as soon as the doors opened, so we had over an hour to kill once inside the venue. I chatted with Lou for a while, who was essentially catty-corner to me in Section 15. I went back to my seat about 7:55 and who should I see but Jean Schmit leading some of her (and presumably Tim's) guests to a small section of folding chairs set up on the floor right next to my riser. In other words, I was next to the "VIP" section, even if I was elevated and they were on the floor! I tried to discreetly see if I recognized anyone else, but it was impossible to tell without scrutinizing them closely and I felt awkward doing that! (However, turns out actor Luke Wilson was there - he was standing near us as we chatted about the show afterwards.)

VIPs trickled over to where I was as well; the couple sitting next to me on the riser in Section 17 were friends of Marjorie Walsh, and had gotten to meet ALL of the Eagles backstage at one of their rare meet'n'greets. While the Eagles traditionally don't do those, I guess when you're dealing with the kind of wealth you see in Vegas, even the Eagles make exceptions!

What I was most afraid of - that I would be so far over that I wouldn't have a very good view of the guys - was definitely not true. However, the angle of one of the spotlights behind them made any photos I took come out crappy. I wasn't too bothered, though, knowing Jess was getting the goods down front much better than I ever could!

However, I'm getting ahead of myself. I'll start my review of the show itself in the next post...

ETA: Actually, my next post will be photos! Jess told me it was OK to upload photos for you guys since she won't be at a computer for a while.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Soda, Thanks for the first part review! I'am waiting to see the photos and reat more! Glad you had a great time!

Your avatar looks fantastic!
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)

Sorry this is taking so long - Jess took hundreds of photos! I've gotten them narrowed down to about 150 and I'm uploading those now. I left many out so of course if I've left out any favorites they will be uploaded once Jess gets back home! Because the images have such high quality resolution, uploading even that many will take hours.

I'm organizing them by band member, so they might be a bit out of order.

Stuck on the Border Henley Honey's Avatar

Sounds like it will be well worth the wait. Glad you're feeling better. I hate that PEW. It can hit you hard and last for weeks!

First of all Soda, I'm glad you're feeling better. Thanks to Jess for taking so many pictures and to you for taking the time to sort and upload a bunch of them so that we don't have to wait for Jess!

I have to admit, when I looked at the seating chart to see where you and Lou would be sitting, I was worried for you. Those corner sections are at a weird angle and sometimes stage equipment can get in the way. I'm so glad you were happy with your seat.

Looking forward to more!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Wonderful so far!! Anxious to hear more and cannot wait to see those pictures taken from the front row!!!

Soda--did you send Jean my love?
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

I'm so glad that you and Lou were happy with your seats. Of course, Jess must have really been disappointed with her front row seat. I know it must be a horrible pain having to look at those pictures over and over again. Seriously though, I know it is time consuming to sort through them, and then upload them so I'll just tell you ladies right now how much we appreciate your efforts. I've got a sneaky feeling it's gonna be worth it though.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

I left it uploading last night only to come back and discover that there was an error and only the Don photos fully uploaded. So, I've restarted uploading the others, and I'll give you a sampling of the Don photos:

WOW. Thanks for those great pics of DON, Can't wait to see the rest of the pictures!! Looking forward to hearing the concert reviews too!!!!!