Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Brooks, CA 12/02/11

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Default Re: Brooks, CA 12/02/11

Great review as usual Soda! Yes, you truly are the Eagles Concert Queen! What a cool thing to be able to say, that you saw all four Eagles plus the band in the span of a few months. Incredible!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Just got back to Memphis. Oh my gosh, what a horrific trip home! I was taking the Bay Area Transit from PLS' to the airport. It broke down about halfway there and for about twenty minutes I thought I would be stranded on the BART platform, but then they got us a new train and I was still able to catch the plane - I just had to run through the entire airport to do so! I got on just as they finished boarding!

So, what's so bad about that? I made the flight, after all. No biggie...

But it was the drive home that was truly terrifying. I mentioned earlier that I flew out of Little Rock, which is about 130 miles away. Well, when I got to Little Rock at 7:30, it was pouring down rain. Driving 130 miles at night in severe thunderstorms that render visibility almost nil is NOT. FUN. My hands are still cramped from three hours of white-knuckling the steering wheel.

Again, though, I'm home safe - all's well that ends well.

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer
    that must have been quite a sight to watch her crawling around the floor in the middle of Tim's performance. I wonder if he saw that!
    Gosh, I hope he didn't - if he did, he probably thought I was drunk! How mortifying!

Quote Originally Posted by Henley Honey
    The deck of cards I got in Vegas at the ILAA party is on it's way to you tomorrow.
    Gracias!

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke
    Great review as usual Soda! Yes, you truly are the Eagles Concert Queen! What a cool thing to be able to say, that you saw all four Eagles plus the band in the span of a few months. Incredible!
    It's been quite an autumn, that's for sure. Now, bring on 2012!

Quote Originally Posted by Windeagle View Post
    Soda, are we going to see a new signature picture celebrating your big accomplishment? I hope so. If I knew how, I'd make one!

All 4 solo shows plus an Eagles show in the same year is like a Royal Flush!
    I wasn't planning on doing that, but it's a good idea! I'll get to work on one!

ETA: I slapped something together. Nothing fancy but hey, I'm tired. lol

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Soda, your sig is perfect! The tag line cracked me up!

Soda; Glad you made it home safely. That sounds like a rough ride home!!
    I hate driving in the rain & 130 miles is really tough. Now you can "Take it Easy" until the next Eagles concert!!

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Love the new sig!!! Beautiful and to see all the dates there...WOW! I'm still awestruck about how you accomplished it!!

I felt like I was on a roller coaster ride with you yesterday as I was shopping and get your texts about that stupid train!!! First thing I did this morning was look to see if there was a text from you saying you had made it back to Memphis ok since you had sent one after landing and I knew you had a drive ahead of you. Glad you're back all safe and sound now.

I was thinking about this yesterday.....We all talk about our PEW, PGW, PTW, etc.... I can't even imagine the withdrawls you must be going through. I don't think my heart would be strong enough to go through it!

Again, congratulations on the accomplishment!! I wish there was someway to let the guys know what you've done in the span of only a few months! They'd have to declare you their biggest fan/supporter by far!!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Soda, glad you are home safely, love your new sig!
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Soda, congrats on the big accomplishment. I like how you incorporated the songwriter's event on your sig, we can't forget you squeezed that in as well!

Glad to hear you got home OK. I hate driving in the pouring rain and thunderstorms. I suppose work today will seem a breeze compared to that!
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Love your sig Soda! How awesome!

I can relate to the driving in the rain at night. I just did that early Saturday morning and it is not fun. The rain and darkness makes the lines on the highway very hard to see. Glad you made it safely.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Thanks for the comments! I don't think I'll forget the fall of 2011 anytime soon. Luckily with the end of the semester and Christmas coming up, I'll be distracted from my withdrawls!

In fact, I'm about to go back to work now! Gotta run! First, though, my photo...

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Glad you had a great time despite the camera fiasco. Love your av and sig. I wanna frisk Glenn! I guarantee you I will not leave any contraband behind. I will search thoroughly. I can't wait until school is over and I can go back and read all this stuff.
    <a href=http://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/x350/wkc814/Signature%20Banners/fwhugsig-1.jpg target=_blank>http://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/...fwhugsig-1.jpg</a>