Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jennifer Meisner is (apparently) writing a book

Out on the Border

Default Jennifer Meisner is (apparently) writing a book

Hello everyone, it seems that Jennifer Meisner, Randy's first wife, is presently writing a book. Quoted verbatim from the Hiram Scott College website is Jennifer's entry:

"Jennifer Meisner

"Occupation: Artist/writer

"Activities: Too complicated to explain here, in the process of writing a book. I was married to Randy Meisner of the super group 'The Eagles' and traveled on the road for a few years. We were divorced in 1981. During the time I worked at Hiram Scott, Randy ended up moving to Hollywood with his then group 'Soul Survivors' out of Denver. Hiram Scott hosted a concert with 'The Back Porch Majority', they were instrumental in moving them to the Hollywood and the rest is history."

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all!

bttncrt

Default Re: Jennifer Meisner is (apparently) writing a book

Thanks bttncrt. She had posted a comment about it on Jack Tempchin's facebook page a while back but I felt weird reposting it after seeing it on facebook. I was gonna wait until something popped up on a site that was more public. Looks like you beat me to it

Open up your eyes take the devil from your mind

I think her book should be really interesting. I wondered how the wives of these guys handled things that were seemingly pretty outta control.
    How would you feel if married to one of these guys about those 3E parties??? Yikes, I don't think I could have possibly handled it... No matter how much you love someone, there is just so much a person could take of that kind of behavior!

Stuck on the Border Henley Honey's Avatar

I don't know how amicable or nasty their divorce was, but that would be a deciding factor for me as to whether I would read her book or not.

If it was particularly contentious, then I'd have to say no. I'd rather not read about someone's dirty laundry or a biased account of their time together. But if it was an unbiased, factual story of her experiences with her husband and the band, then I'm all in.

I'm not sure how amicable or nasty their divorce was but it was 30 years ago. Also in the comment I saw on Tempchin's FB page she said their oldest son was writing it with her so there'll be stories from his perspective too.

Open up your eyes take the devil from your mind

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Interesting that she still goes by the surname 'Meisner' after being divorced for 30 years!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Not really sure how I feel about a book written by an ex-wife, divorced for over 30 years, of any of the Eagles. Will hold out till I hear more before I commit to reading this one.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Out on the Border

I agree ... dirty laundry, no ... but to write a completely unbiased account is almost impossible for anyone to do. I'm sure Jennifer would mention the loneliness, frustration, and hurt that would inevitably accompany marriage to a largely absent husband/father musician. One wonders why Randy's wife and children didn't move to L.A. so the entire family could be together more often, but perhaps family ties and support, an established home, and schooling, among other things, kept them in Nebraska, or maybe neither of the parents wanted their children to be raised in L.A.

I've never read one word of complaint by Randy toward Jennifer before, during, or after their divorce, so perhaps it was an amiable, though undoubtedly painful, parting. Randy did not contest forty per cent of his royalties going to Jennifer, though he did refuse to pay taxes on those royalties assigned to his ex-wife, stating that she was responsible for paying her own taxes on her own income, when Jennifer had unsuccessfully sued Randy to do so. Hopefully this situation did not remained contentious.

I'm hoping that Jennifer will give readers an idea of what the younger Randy was like -- the man, the person, not just the "rock star." He does seem like an extremely sweet, gentle man, and he and Jennifer were high school sweethearts who remained married for a remarkably long time, especially considering the circumstances involved. I'm delighted to hear that one of their sons will also assist in writing this book, and hopefully their other children, grandchildren, family members, friends, colleagues, and fellow musicians will make contributions too.

If anyone hears when the book is to be published, please let us know!

Bettina C. (bttncrt)

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Quote Originally Posted by Henley Honey View Post
    I don't know how amicable or nasty their divorce was, but that would be a deciding factor for me as to whether I would read her book or not.

If it was particularly contentious, then I'd have to say no. I'd rather not read about someone's dirty laundry or a biased account of their time together. But if it was an unbiased, factual story of her experiences with her husband and the band, then I'm all in.
    My thoughts exactly! I also think it's a good sign if it's true that one of the son's will help author the book. Assuming he is on good terms with his father, that will, hopefully, give the book a different perspective.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten