Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Happy 5th Birthday to The Border!

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: Happy 5th Birthday to The Border!

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    Answer to 3:

Use of Acronyms list in Border News Forum

Answer to 4:

Borderers

Answer to 5:

150 pixels in width & 200 pixels in height

ETA: I didn't read it properly & was only supposed to answer one question! Sorry!
    Well, that's okay FP - you are forgiven. And so now, all of the questions to the Border quiz have been answered correctly. Thanks to you and the others for taking the the time to answer.

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    As I've said before, I feel very blessed to have been able to meet so many wonderful people who have chosen to join this community, and I hope you all know how much I value you! I may have created this place, but it would be nothing but a bunch of html coding without such great members. I gave birth to the Border but it lives a healthy life because of you.
    Well said Soda - or as someone else once said "it takes a village" to build and maintain a community like this. We all came here out of our love for this band, but when you have such a diverse membership as we do - people of all ages coming here from all over the world - it is a credit to those members that they are able to check their egos at the log in screen and keep the focus here on the band and on what's best for the community at large. Kudos to you, Borderers!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border luvthelighthouse's Avatar

5 years! Woot!!!

I remember first finding this site. It's not just that it had a ton of info on the band, but the thing that kept and keeps me coming back is the positive attitude of the board members!

I mean this sincerely, from the moderators to the fans... everyone is welcome. Nowcomer's can ask questions and they are embraced and given any info they could possibly want on the band. They are never made to feel silly or inferior for not knowing something about the guys. I learned so much from joining this site... and I continue to learn all the time.

I used to be on so much more, but life has a way of taking over sometimes and I do not visit as much as I would like... but I know I can jump back on at any time and be treated as if I were posting daily.

I've enjoyed meeting the few people I have from this site. Good and genuine people.

Soda, thanks for the great job keeping this site fresh and welcoming!

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

My first post was simply to say what the first Album I bought was, and thought I might enquire on how to get Glenn 's Live in Dublin DVD. The welcome and responses that I got kept me on the Border ( not to mention the wealth of eye candy and interesting topics). And nearly 5 years later...... I'm still here!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Congratulations on 5 years! I'm relatively new to the forum, but you all have been great in making me feel welcome. I found the board via Glenn Frey Online and now that I'm here, I can't imagine life without it. What a wealth of info, photos and stories about my favorite band! And all the stories about your concert and other Eagles adventures keep me hanging on the edge of my seat every time a new show is announced.

Even though I've only been here since the summer, you all have already had an influence. Before "meeting" you all, I would NEVER have considered going to NJ to see Joe, but heck, if FP and GA can come from around the world to see Glenn, what's 6 hours for me? In fact, the only thing that kept me from going to Niagara Falls in August was that I don't yet have a passport! I'll need to rectify that.

Thank you Nancy and all the moderators for all the thought and work you put into the site. If any of you ever follow the guys to New England, look me up. I'd love to meet you in person.

Stuck on the Border

Something has just occurred to me; if The Border was founded in December 2005 doesn't that make it SIX years old?!

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

FP - Flip City was opened along with Glenn Frey Online in November, 2005. It wasn't until over a year later that the board was opened to the public and renamed The Border. If you are interested in the chronological timeline for all the sites, you can look in the "All About Us" thread in this forum. Here is the link ...

https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/...ead.php?t=1603

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border

Fair enough; I had forgotten that it remained private for a year after it was started.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

I can't remember the first picture I posted on the Border, but here is a link to my first post! Its the top one of this page

https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/...+bought&page=8
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

You just jumped right in! Do the kiddies still appreciate the credit card song?

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Sorry I'm late, but I just wanted to chime in here and thank you Nancy for putting so much time and effort into this site. Like others have said, it truly is a community on here, and I'm very happy to be a part of it. Also, thank you to the mods that help keep this board running (GA, Dreamer, FP, etc.). It's very nice to have a place such as this to share a common interest Happy Birthday to The Border